Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Oh techy ones please help..

neil.cavanagh

nice picy delbert!

I guess the starter motor to primary spacing will be the same on our full sized cars as the whippet bots. We'll just have a bigger airgap around it. So a heat shield (especially for USA trip) could be a winner.

Mav, I think the 1.8 SS doesn't really exist anymore. As Delbert said, when I got mine the standard engine was 115 1.6, then £1000 extra got you a 1.8 with 140, and another £2000 or so on top of that got the 160 VVC.

The 140 1.8 has a rev limit at 6800, and the nice salesman told me the only differece from standard rover is the air filter and exhaust. So no SS cams etc etc.

Not that it really matters!!

anyway, can only one answer my original questions or will I have to brave techtalk??

1) where best to mount lambda?

2) is the SV exhaust any longer? though I think powerspeed know what to do from mentioned postings.

3) catalytics converters... totaly waste of space or viable MOT option? 😬 😬

My original red 21 1.6ssk - pants all bhp (120?)

My next 1.8ss k - 138

Then TB's etc added - 142

My Big valve headed 1.8 on bp285 cams with tb's etc etc 190bhp

My QED special on TB's and qed cams - 168.3 on the dyno 143lb ft torque too.

My new VVC Trophy 160 - I EXPECT 160 exactly

the 1.8ss k was the standard 1.8 engine with my ss cams and ecu from the 1.6 and the higher rev limit as per the 1.6ss

change light was nice too. lovely engine - did about 20,000 miles in that one.

the standard 1.8 has the lower rev limit but considerably more torque, so whilst the bhp figure wasn't much higher than the 1.6ss, the performance WAS. The 1.8ss was EVEN better as you could use the higher revs properly (7400 i believe on the soft cut limiter and 7600 on the hard cut).

The 190 was ferocious, especially with the tb's, comp exhaust, verniers, solid followers, 285 cams, emerald and the cat removed from the car.

Edited by - Dave21P on 16 Dec 2004 16:23:32