Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T 205 GTI 1.6 Gearbox

Vanessa Morris

Hi, I'm in Telford and want a 1.6 gearbox to mate to my 1.9 engine for sprinting..........My reason for the gearbox cahnge is the lower first gear and the fact that the original engine blew at the first event! I've just sourced a 1.9 engine and would love to put a 1.6 box and heavy duty clutch plate together as an assembly to fit over the long winter months reday for next spring in the hope that it will last longer than one proctice lap.

I'm very up on Caterham's but not so GTi's having bought the car to sprint in production form as I couldn't afford to sprint the seven. Currently my 1.9 gearbox has reverse next to 1st but I'm aware that they also fitted a box where reverse was next to 4th...................which type of box is it that you have on offer and would it fit my car? Also what are you askin for the box and where do you live?

Thanks in advance for the help and advice.............blatchat's brilliant...!

Just read your thread again and asume the engine a 1.6? Shame I've spent ages looking for a replacement 1.9 and found one with 71,000 on her...hope she lasts!