Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rock shoes

Badger Bill

Just testing the water, I have two pairs of rock boots. Both size 9 1/2. One pair Boreal pixie boot style (turquoise with flourescent yellow laces) as new, the other a pair of Kamet Montserrat shoes, green (like these here very slightly used.

Used to play on an indoor wall about four years or so ago, but since leaving uni I havn't used them at all.

Make an offer, a good one won't be turned down, ie 20+ quid each.

Cheers

BB

edited to get rid of old sig *confused*

Edited by - badger bill on 14 Dec 2004 15:41:56

Aah, I remember the craze for too-tight boots. I managed to resist the temptation to go too small and ended up with some Aces that only lightly crippled me and that I wore for some nice routes. When I wore them out though I saw the light and bought some in the proper size. Guess what, it makes sod-all difference and you can put your feet on holds without crying. *eek*

Now all I have to do is repeat the mantra "going above gear is OK. Going above gear is OK." until I believe it and don't start crying when the last bit of gear is more than 5 feet below my feet. *eek*

So I'm not the only one who use to climb and find it a lack of time (read as boys toys more fun) *cool*

I've all my gear including, two pairs of boots, still in my pack. I don't think I'll sell my used climbing boots as I wore them without socks *eek* (stopped movement within the boot when on those tight ledges).

I'd like to start again using an indoor wall, but the local ones to me are not so local *thumbdown*

Andy *cool*

2.0 VX race car now road legal 😬. Just the nice bits to do like SWMBO seat

I'm intending on getting back into it in the new year, it'll be hard getting back to the standard I used to climb at but the challenge is what it's all about. Will be taking out an annual sub to the Warwick Uni wall....anyone local fancy a belay partner?

BOSS, my Aces are the most comfortable boots I've ever had...my Lazers on the otherhand are the ones which make me go *eek*

Kevlar should be kept to 7's though, my Asolo Runout K's were soooooo cra*p *mad*

Currently using Five-10 ascents (the ones with the funny heel thing) in UK 9.5, really comfy with only two downsides; the first pair fell to bits within a week and they absolutely hum. Regular trips through the washing machine help, although the only thing that really kills off the stench is strong direct sunlight.

PP, I climb fairl regularly at Warwick, gove us a shout if you're still looking in the new year.

Cheers,

Rob

Fishy 1400 Supersport, 95% complete and waiting for spring and SVA

Good book isn't it. Puts me off ever trying the N face (not that it ever really made it onto the list anyhow!) but as a mountain it isn't really that hard from the other side. Having said that the one and only time i tried it (my first ever alipne peak) we got out of the hut at 2am, wandered around in the dark listening to creaking seracs in the blizzard, and gave up two hours later and returned to the hut. Saving grace was nobody tried a route from that hut that day as conditions were too bad.

Saw a pretty cool film at kendal film fest this year about a couple of guys replicating the first ascent of the N face, in period gear e.g. hawser-laid ropes, original stlye crampons, tweeds etc etc. Was pretty awe-inspiring.

Rob

Red Chilli Sausilitos... not to bad for a beginer shoe.

If anyone knows a wall near Northants I'd be up for a climb. I have heard that Warwick is good and it is not too far, is it worth the trip?

Can you recycle your old track tyres and re-tread your shoes ??

Jonathan

1db too loud ! ☹️

Now seeking a Raceco from Santa *smile*

Warwick is well worth the trip, my climbing buddy used (he's now moved to Wales) to rock up from silverstone for an evening dragging me up ever-steepening routes. Its got bigger in the last couple of months with the opening of the other side of th hall into proper height wall rather than bouldering.

Cheers,

Rob

• Leadership Team

I use The North West Face in Warrington occasionally - I should get down there more, maybe an additional wednesday club night on the cards? I think of climbers locally there's yourself, myself, Paul, Tom, maybe a few more?

Stu.

You cant beat being out on the Gritstone "gods own rock" running it out above your last piece of gear and shaking like a leaf. Slaping on those sloping holds and chalking up as your palms sweat like a running river. Topping out = the stress is over and allows you to wip off those smelly two sizes too small sticky shod climbing shoes.

Role on summer Frogatt here we come... *wink*

Twin Webbers the soundtrack to my weekend *smile*

Martyn