Click here if you are having website access problems ×

XXX Stripping...

Badger Bill

I've been given a lovely set of garden furniture, cast aluminium, that is crusty with a few layers of white paint. I have had a quote to get them dipped but, at possibly 200 quid, it seems a little excessive. I'm getting tired of nitromors now, but there has to be a nicer, faster, CHEAPER way around this problem.

I await the colllective wibblings of the shed to make me feel better about wasting a weekend on stripping in my garage...

BB

Far better to do it in the open air *tongue*

Seriously, I have some Victorian cast iron garden furniture which was looking sorry for itself and was in need of a re-paint. I used a power washer and all the loose stuff came off very easily *thumbup*

FH *cool*

*eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* Don't let Mrs GTD see that comment *eek*

Mock Turtle Soup is an English soup whose gelatinous quality makes it very much like a turtle soup. Mock Turtle soup was created in the mid 18th century as a cheaper version of the more expensive Green Turtle soup. It is made with a calf's head, seasonings and wine (usually Sherry or Madeira). After cooking, the head is taken from the broth, cooled and the meat cut into pieces. The broth is strained and clarified and reheated with the cut pieces of meat and sometimes diced vegetables.

FH *cool*