Click here if you are having website access problems ×

what have I got to do to....

Normans_Ghost

grease Steve's palms with silver... no better make it gold!! 😬

wait and hope someone pulls out... based on normal 10% no-show rater for airlines, out of the fifty odd cars we should have another couple drop out... hopefully not me!!! 😬

Or, sabotage Mav's car and start a slander campaign so he is fired and can't even get work as a spanner... he therefore won't be able to go and you can buy his slot off him!! 😬 😬 😬

Unless SB is keeping back a space or two, and I can't see why he would, then it is going to be very tricky. Most of the hotels had to be booked over 12 months in advance, with deposit, just to secure enough rooms. I think some hotels are actually entirely booked by USA2005.

Perhaps Steve has a stand-by list ? As Neil says, somebody is bound to pull out.

Without a doubt, it is "once-in-a-lifetime" 😬

The birth of the Gixxerham : pics here drivel here

Norm - There is a reserve list, but there was only one drop out at 2nd deposit time, last month. As you say, it's a once in a lifetime trip, and has grown to such an extent that Steve-B limited to 50 cars, and the places were "booked" with an initial deposit nearly a year ago!

As the airline seats have been boooked and paid for, it looks a very long shot to hope that someone will drop out at this stage. The 50 cars (78 people) have so far stumped up £1500 each and only balance of car shipping and insurance to be paid.

You *might* be lucky by subscribing to the USA2005 tour list on se7ens.net and sending a "request" out to the other list subcribers - but i wouldn't bet on it ....

See the *arrowright* Edit below *arrowleft*

Have you tried contacting the tour organiser Steve Blair?

If you "blatmail" me (hit the email "envelope" icon above) with your phone number, we can have a chat. I can give you Steve-B's email address, but he's gonna be throwing himself off a mountain with soem planks of wood stuck to his wellies soon (some people call it "ski-ing" 😳

Jen & I have always wanted to go "coast to coast" and we were considering doing it on Harley's, when Steve came up with this madcap idea ... The rest is (will be?) history!

*arrowdown*

Edited to add... Here's the link to subscribe to the "usa2005tour se7enslist"

http://mailman.se7ens.net/mailman/listinfo/usa2005

Note - there's NO "www"

*arrowup*

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional 😬

See the old Barbarella here...

Edited by - Fletch on 9 Dec 2004 23:46:19

Thanks Fletch. I was asking knowing that all places had gone. I'm sure there are other's already on the reserve list.

I doubt lynne wil go on a long haul flight, so was thinking it may be possible to accompany the cars on the boat.

I'll not bother anyone at this late stage.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

Norm - if i was in your shoes, i would sign up to the list and hit everyone with a "anyone need a passenger for 3 weeks" and arrange your own flights?

But i dont' know if this would p*ss the organisers off ?

Steve-B *might* be able to squeeze you in (i know it's a long shot) *confused*

I work on the assumption - nothing ventured - nothing gained - It's gotta be worth a try - what you gotta lose? If he says "no" you're in the same position, if he says "maybe" - yo've at least got a chance.

There are a couple of "pre trip" organisers going over, but they're flying, not going on the (container) boat with the cars.

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional 😬

See the old Barbarella here...

Edited by - Fletch on 9 Dec 2004 23:58:00

Norman - Drop Steve a mail. I think, but i'm not sure there was one person who has pulled out over and above the space that Caravaner got.

Alternatively, you could have the space that will become available in a short while once I have enlisted the help of The Hitman...

Watch your back Caravaner *mad*

Edited by - mav on 10 Dec 2004 15:26:55