Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Should I sell my wets?

Steve Robinson

Have been pondering what to do regarding upgrades etc and was think that selling my set of wets would free up some cash to spend on something carbon maybe or a new ARB.

Thought I'd poll you lot to see what you think. It struck me that each time it rained in 2004 I stuck with the ACB10's (as almost all of class 3 did I think) rather than go through the hassle of changing wheels.

This being the case it seems sill yo keep dragging them to events if I'm not going to use them! Whaddya think?

Steve

Steve

hope you are well.

Do you need wets? If this year is anything to go by no. I think all the fastest times in class 3 either came from acb10's or 32 r's.

also were any of the days pure wet days? most of the time we got a dryish run in.

Harewood was wet ( damp) but again Rob on his CR500 and me on my 32 R's there was little in it.

I have a set of cr500 as I still use mine on the road. Also if you did a trackday what would you use?

hope this helps

David

Can't afford the engine upgrade unfortuntalely, much as I'd love to put it in the car ☹️

Think I will keep the wets so I have some wheels for the road rather than use the ACB10's. Part of my plan to be more competitive for next year is to try to actually drive my car between sprints rather than simply loading it onto a trailer and turning up with it!

Steve