Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

It's gone all slack - Alice

Hirsute Hugh

On my final run at Curborough, I went to heel and toe and couldn't reach the loud pedal

I've just taken off the pedal box cover and the pedal is sitting about an inch and a half lower than the brake at its new 'natural' position and there's lots of play in the pedal. If I push the pedal to simulate full throttle, it becomes tight up to the butterfly bit at the other end.

It's still driveable - well, I finished the course -

So, any ideas oh knowledgeable ones question.gif

Susie

please treat me gently, I'm the oily rag not the mechanic blush.gif

There could be several reasons, but I suspect it's the following. I don't know you're set up, but if it's anything like Phil Stewarts car in Le Mans then this has happened 'cos you were 'giving-it-large' eek.gif

It may well be that there is no accelerator stop fitted on the cars footwell/bulkhead so that the effective limit stop is the throttle body or carb stops or whatever. Upon considerable force from said right foot,(ie. when fully planted and wanting that extra 50HP) then the pedal actually bends!!! It can be gently persauded back to its correct position by a bit of the reverse pressure (ie. pulling it back. BE CAREFUL not to crack it).

Worth a look!

Thanks Chris!

Must have been the other half's heavy foot - me...... I'm only an ickle size 5 smile.gif

and I don't know how to "give it large".... I just am sad.gif

There's no 'stop' and rather than risk breaking something, I'll go and see my wonderful Mr Fixit at his Grotto

Cheers

Susie