Click here if you are having website access problems ×

BAH HUMBUG, I HATE CHRISTMAS

henry21p

Parents arguing over which one of them I am going to see this year (THANK GOD I'M NOT MARRIED and have spare sets to contend with as well. One grandmother has disowned me for not going to visit her over christmas

AND TO TOP IT ALL - thy're all arguing

I mean - thanks for the thought guys - but think you've got it all wrong!!!!

AAAAARGH. Going to hibernate somewhere for the next 2 months and not come out.

Commercial nasty cheap plastic mcdonalds christmas. mutter.

Whatever happened to happy families over the christmas dinner table and leaving the kids to enjoy playing in the cardboard boxes of whatever you bought them whilst enjoying a nice glass of port with the cheeseboard, followed by country walk in brisk air for everyone and back in the afternoon for the family movie - grandpa snoozing in his armchair....

AAARGH

Edited by - dave21p on 8 Dec 2004 14:36:50

Edited by - dave21p on 10 Dec 2004 08:39:53

What - get my parents in the same room at the same time? ANd turn the west midlands into a replica of Fallujah?

Besides - I wouldn't wish that on my dear old landlady!

Anyone own a secluded cottage in the wilderness that I can take a F&M hamper up to, light the fire and pig out for 2 weeks?

Aaah, sorry, so your parents are like mine - can't be in the same county without the UN peackeepers in attendance

Why don't we all stay in the shed for Christmas - we can share Dave's F&M hamper 😬 (and it will save me from the outlaws!)

Tam

Some noses are out of joint in the Beaton Family, just because we've decided to spend Xmas day JUST THE FOUR OF US IN OUR OWN HOUSE!

And what's wrong with dat?

Both sets of grandparents are welcome for a visit to see the kids prezzies & a dram, but all other rels ain't welcome! *cool*

I shall NOT be driving on the 25th, my 1st Stella will be around 9am, wine, port, baileys, etc shall follow when the mood takes me 😬 *thumbup*

HO HO HO

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssscottish

Sssssssssssssssssssssupersnot!!!

here *wink*

update from my pa - he has been instructed that he will be with his in-laws for christmas. Which means 8 people in a one bedroom retirement flat. Which means can't stay there. Which means no drinking.....

I have a LITTLE sympathy for him - though last year managed 1000 miles in the 4 festive days and no drinking. and the year b4 and the year b4 and the year b4....

Now trying to wheedle out of the other half of the family gathering... Will send my love via MSN on the day maybe.

Dave,

Perhaps we could share the driving.. for the last 3 years the agenda has been

25th to Cambridge just late enough to miss food but to early for hostility from ex.

return Delberta to Swadlincote.

26th drive to Bideford, try and sneek a bottle but more than one involves a long silence

28th Bideford to Ely for tea with Ex mother in law, a friendly Geordie who only threatened me with a carving knife once,

then return to Swadlincote.

29th might geta chance for a drink

Roll on January then at least half the national grid will not be being sucked into daft, tastless gawdy lights that illuminate my bedrooms

Too Old to die Young *eek*

And further more for all this effort my presants recieved totaled 2 yes count them 2

a silk tie worse than the one I exhibited the other night and a corkscrew , just what an alcoholic needs as if I don't have spares in every room

Yes I know Christmas is the exact opposite to oral sex

It is better to give than recieve (presants that is) (for the slower ones here Think about it)

Too Old to die Young *eek*

Delbert - if you have a spare evening at christmas how about the two of us crack open a large bottle of port, light some fine cigars and have a fine selection of the world's cheeses to munch through.... Tweed jackets optional and say BAH HUMBUG to it all? Any other cynical shedders welcome

Serious plan - let me check with jack. At the moment it is he, I, his missus +1 in a car and then various others flying out to meet us.

his parents' farmhouse in brittany. Nice big open fire. We;re stopping off to get the drinks and suitable food. There's NO mobile reception for miles.... JOB DONE!

*idea*Delbert

The plan is cuizing on the 29th by night (portsmouth)and arriving in Caen, and six hours of drinking 😬

Return on Sunday mid day cruize from Caen.

Booze stop(s) on the way back 😬

Random people are

Dave21P

Anne and I

You?

And a few friend of ours (4?)

The ubbertug would be very nice for the booze stops. Anne and I only drive 2 seaters

The place is near Ouest Dinan (8km) on N176

Let me know what you think

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

Edited by - jackb_ms on 9 Dec 2004 09:20:32