Click here if you are having website access problems ×

mini rant.

neil.cavanagh

fecking banks.

just stopped my switch card as they claim to have sent me a new one 30 days ago. Didn't think that maybe because I had not activated the new one that I hadn't received it!! and I had never asked them to send me a new one. arrgggghhhh.

So I now have zero money in my wallet and have to find a real bank during opening hours to try and get them to give me some cash. *mad* *mad* *mad* New card will arrive at my 'home' branch in 5 working days (like I'm ever anywhere near my home branch!!)

feck wits. *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad* *mad*

Neil I know its a pain but count yourself lucky you still have money in your account.

2 guys I work with first found out that the bank had sent them new cards was when they where told they had gone overdrawn. The banks never told them to expect a new card so when someone intercepted the cards no one was the wiser.

Apparently this is happening alot with the new chip & pin cards that are being sent out to replace cards that are not due to expire for sometime. The fraudster has a new card which he signs so if asked for a signature, of course it matches. If asked of a pin they say they can't remember. As chip & pin is a new system lots of genuine people don't know about the system or how to use it, so most shops will bypass the system to ensure a sale.

Alan and his Yellow and Green 1700 BDR HPC.