Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

New style front hubs aka "hub upgrade pack"

Luke Beaumont

I've had a quick search but there doesn't appear to be any past discussion of something that appeared in last years DT catalogue, that being a new style of alu front hub and stub axle. According to the photo it would appear that they use cartridge bearings, and have both ends of the stub axle secured with a castellated nut & split pin arrangement. Externally the hubs look similar, but are claimed to be machined billet. Anyone experienced these? They're not now standard fit are they?

I have fitted them, they are billet and run bigger bearings and a massively strong stub axle. they are a straight fit to the stock upright. Benifits are less stub axle flex, bearings can stand higher loadings and they have a better weather seal. One problem I have found is that its difficult to adjust the preload on the bearings as the thread machined onto the stub axle is too coarse IMO and this moves the castle nut too much between castlations. I had to adjust the thickness of one of the shims to effect the correct bearing preload. Nice bit of kit shame about coarse thread.

I think they are standard fit on all new cars.