Click here if you are having website access problems ×

whats the fairest way.....

RESOLVIWOLF

t....o do a blatchat sale these days for something that a few people will want ?

do i do sealed bids ?

or first one on the thread to confirm they will pay my price ?

or do a timed auction like say thread will close in 48 hours and everyone place their bids ?

or maybe just drop an ebay link into a thread ?

thing is if i just start a thread asking for a price then the only person who gets a shot is teh person who happens to be around at the time of the thread creation ?

whats the best way ?

Your items wouldn`t happen to be duratec related would they?

IMHO you post what it is and the price you want and it`s first come first served.

Anyhting else just becomes complicated.......keep it simple and everyone knows where they stand. I`ve missed numerous things because som`one has beat me to it................I just wait for the next time.

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec Check out the website here

Jackal, to give you a decent answer to your question. I think probably the FAIREST albeit tedious way would be to post your price, collect interests for a length of time and then draw names out of a hat.

However first come first served does have along and honorable tradition here as elsewhere.

But to be honest as long as the poster is clear up front how they want to play and sticks to their own rules, then that is the most important. For example, if price is most important then have an auction, if convenience then 'buyer collects'.

I have bought a handful of things of blatchat and I am always amazed how both parties goes out of their way to be helpful, people drving halfway across the country to pass on a 'bit'. Great club *thumbup*

Rich

put down a price and then 1st come 1st served is the only way, either by direct communication with you or preferably by post on the thread so others know who got there 1st, assuming of course they have offered asking price, if not then they have to expect ot be gazumped *smile*

Mark

Name your price; the one that you think is fair and are happy with.

Take the first confirmed email or phone call.

What does it matter if only one person sees the ad if the price is fair?

This dutch auction stuff or *what if someone would have given me £5 more* is a bit crass.

If you sell on BC announce your price as per the rules, if not, sell on ebay and take what you get. *thumbup*

I wonder if the undisclosed sale is HALF DOORS

personally i would set up an auction on ebay for pre authorised only bidders and ask anyone seeing it on here to state they saw it on blatchat before allowing them to bid

5 day auction gives every one pleny of time every one gets a crack of the whip and you dont feel greedy or think you sold yourself short

start it at a penny if you know "said Item" sells like hotcakes then you have a little more security from patrons of this site (cos we're all hopefully honourable people on here)

I have seen those clear little perspex wind deflector 1/4 light windows

(best description i could make without knowing the technical term)

app £35+vat NEW IIRC

go for £50 on ebay (some people get so excited)

Jackal,

why dont you put the items up for sale with a price

but say thay you cannot accept any offers until say a weeks time or a set date.

i love blatchat and all it offers but the downside of picking up a bargain is that i dont like a lot of people have the oppertunity to sit in an office all day with broadband with this site permenantly connected waiting for the next item to come up for sale (not winging)but making a statement,at least in the old days with an item for sale in a club mag the only thing between you and a purchase was the postman.

ps if it is a rolling chassis or damaged or broken in anyway can i have it please.

Clive (looking for another seven) Dab *cool*

L150 FNAhere

I have an alternative suggestion for sought after items - a reverse auction à la "Notting Hill Record Exchange". Day 1 it starts with a somewhat optimistic price, descending on a regular basis. No haggling is allowed and a max price is obtained. OTOH given some of the prices on Ebay, if you can be bothered then I think there's a profit to be made. Perhaps CC should raise their prices as the market seems to be able to stand it *eek* *eek*. Half doors currently sell at about the price of a semi in Northampton, don't they?

Personally I think this is a fair way to sell something

here

Keep it simple and visible and don't advertise in multiple places. Now if the question is how do I maximise the value of a potential sale then different answer

MikeW

Mega Grad