Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Throttle Body Spacers

V7 SLR

Jenvey throttle bodies aren't long enough to use the standard sized injectors and the Caterham fuel rail without the fuel pressure regulator fouling on the filter backplate, so I asked around and one friend sent me some lovely billets of ali and another machined them up to my design on his CNC lathe at work.

I'm so chuffed with them too. It all fits together so nicely.

Spacers as delivered

If you flick them, they "ping"

Attached to Jenveys

Backplate clears the FPR

Slightly longer induction length... can only help, no?

Many thanks to Regin Jensen for the ali sent all the way from Denmark. Long story involving my inability to find any in the UK... *thumbup*

Edited to correct extremely poor English in the opening sentence.

Edited by - v7 slr on 3 Dec 2004 18:04:12

Pete's idea was a good one but incorporates 2 additional backplates in addition to the one that the air filter attaches to. The manufacture of the backplates was an additional complication, not least that I couldn't accurately measure the distances between the throttle ports. Believe it or not, although the QED filter backplate if machined to tight tolerances, my throttle bodies are slightly wider spaced than the the backplate, forcing me to relieve the holes in one direction.

No, I fancied trying my own design and I'm chuffed with the result. *cool*

Nig,

I note that you are running what looks like a modified pressure regulator along with the SAAB injectors. This is crazy the SAAB injectors are overcapacity running 3Bar standard fuel pressure , I strongly suggest you replace your regulator with the standard one before you re-map the car.

Spacers look nice BTW

Rob

Thanks. 😬

I haven't bought an AF yet. I was waiting to see what the clearances were before committing to a particular type.

I'm pretty convinced I'll have to cut the bonnet, but I'm hoping that I might get away with the sort of AF Jackal has on his car. He's got a tear-drop shaped hole which allows hyst the front end of the AF to poke out into the breeze. I rather like that. Looks very neat.

I shall probably buy the ITG sausage type next week, but I've got the measure up first.

Nig,

The fuel pressure reg in the picture looks like the caterham supplied uprated one. Identified by a slightly dished face and a red spot on the face. This was done as a dodge by caterham to adapt the 1.6SS ecu mapping the run the 1.8SS. The standard one has a flatter face and only a green spot on it.

Oh... dunno. It's the one I've always had. I've run it with those injectors and that FPR for 3 (?) years now so it'll be fine.

Actually, whilst still running the original injectors, I achieved 97% duration at a shade over 200bhp so I would have thought it wasn't presenting any more than 3 bar (if that's what the standard is) based on other people's experiences.

I was originally concerned that theose injectors might be a tad too large for emissions at idle but they have proven to be fine. I'm very pleased you found them. I had no idea how expensive injectors were until after I bought these.