Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Awesome Concourse Superlight must go this weekend £16k (worth £19k) new car waiting - bargain for someone

masha

Go to todays listing on ebay closing offers tomorrow / Sunday

Stunning spec Caterham Superlight 1999 T-reg 21,000 miles from new with extensive documented service history (Caterham Cars & Hyperion Motors)

- full Superlight factory build road spec with Superlight factory dash plaque / model authentification (usual Superlight refinements 6-speed, Supersport engine, wide-track, Bilsteins, AP Racing brakes etc)

- Immaculate Caterham Yellow (with full carbon trim) finish, full black-pack complimenting trim (lights, exhaust guard, heated screen etc)

- Full SL carbon-fibre body pack to include, nose, wings, dash, sills etc

- latest Caterham R400 13" super-lightweight alloy wheels (6"f & 8"r) and Avon CR500 tyres (under 500 miles use)

- durable powder-coated black interior with leather tunnel

- 4:2:1 sports exhaust

- removeable momo leather race steering wheel

- Caterham Tillet seats with Tillet tonneau cover

- 6-point Caterham harnesses

- Caterham sequential shift light system

- push button start

- colour-coded FIA roll bar

- full weather gear

- rubber Caterham branded mats

Absolutely lovely in every way (to drive and to look at) - hard to beat perfect all-round two seat British Sports Car, very quick, efficient (with the K-Series Supersport block on injection returning in excess of 40mpg on a run) and supurbly setup by Hyperion

Dealer would definately list this car in excess of £19k

50+ views and no response - go on someone offer me £15.5k for it then (I'd rather it goes to an appreciative member than back to the dealer!) for that.

Taxed until Feb 05

T-reg 1999 car

MOT until Sept 05

Good time of year to buy - car like this should change hands rapidly for a lot more in the spring (A certain showroom Caterham South have an identical one in stock for £21k and its not as good - no carbon and not even painted! and a painted one like this for £22k) [and it comes with full weather gear so you can use it all year around if you like - even though I choose not to with my 7s]

ms81@cant.ac.uk

me neither - I would have snapped it up in the past: car looks and drives superb and features the best of all the Caterham lightweight trimmings in a classic 7 model - the original Superlight. It would sell in within hours if placed in the Caterham Showroom - it might end up going that way and somone will pay £19k+ for it with a 3-month warantee I guess. ☹️ - the showroom is all part of the Caterham experience though and part of the fun of it I guess

off home shortly (and no. blatchat contact there) so any interested parties call me at the weekend on either 01227 379190 or 07786337615 and talk to either myself or my brother.

Call me at the weekend - you won't regret it - the car is supurb - this Superlight is best looking and alround 7 I've ever driven, and I've had 5 now (including an R500). restored to original '99 T-plate at the £15,500 asking price - might leave the classic "A 7 DUO" plate on it for £15,995 - personal preference as I appreciate personal plates aren't everyone's cup of tea.

in a word - "Bargain"

in a phrase - "Must be seen"

ms81@cant.ac.uk

Thank you KDeano - you deserve a bargain next time around: may the wise one in the sky look favourably on you next time.

I have bought 2 cars from CC and 2 from Paul Stephens Cars so I know about the showroom experience - great, but a pain in the neck when you spot what private sales and trade-ins change hands for (best not to think about it really)

I guess its all about being in the right place at the right time, with cash in hand which is the hardest part for most of us mere mortals.

M

Do this man a favour and DON'T buy this car. It is superb but he is having a mental breakdown and wants a bl%dy Porker instead. His 'disease' is also affecting his eyesight very badly as you can tell too! Save him from himself and do not relieve him of one of the best Sevens to come on this forum at this price!

You have been warned *eek*

Thanks for the complimentary comments on the car. If it doesn't sell I've no problem keeping it another year and revisit options end of next of summer (I'm sure I'll find another 993 Carerra 2S in the future) - suprising though its amazing how slow the 7 market is this time of year (not suprising really though - its freezing out there for a few months again now).

Thanksfor your interest - happy motoring.

Amazingly still for sale - a variety of interest just no cash or deposit yet - so you are in with a good chance if you wanted it. - some px 7s might be considered if you've got a similarly immaculate 1.6 5-speed Classic that takes my fancy for example and you fancy an upgrade, but I don't want to build people's hope up too much as if it doesn't fetch sensible money/value as a private sale I may as well keep it and enjoy it some more next spring (not that desperate to sell at a knock down price, for example I had several offers upto £15k on ebay last week but I'd set £15,500 as the bottom line (without the personal plate) - which lets face it for a very tidy original Superlight with all the current SL-series trimmings remains a blinking bargain which I should even get if I were to trade-in for something else somewhere).

Edited by - masha on 7 Dec 2004 09:25:26

no - idea but it did come from Paul Stephens last year, if Tom's had powder coated black chasis and interior, full Carbon (including sills and knee trim panels), AP brakes f&r Caterham/Aces Shift Light, honeycomb inner skin set, full weather gear, full black-pack, then maybe - these are the only distinguishing features above and beyond standard SL Spec. on the car

You won't have as much fun in a Porker but you will be more comfortable oh and be prepared for the hatred of other road users (i was spat at in mine amongst other things) now i drive a seven i aint going back. Suggest visiting a quack asap to get your head tested *tongue*

So Mr Clark said too about the shrink. Its just I've had loads of hot-hatches, 7s and Elise, only ever use them on the road, and would like to try another type of classic roadster/GT with the same sort of heritage as the 7 (to roll out of the Garage on a Sunday afternoon), and I don't like old Ferarri's (or rather I've don't my share of time sorting dodgy Italian electrics - don't want that). I've had a previous interest in vintage VW's hence where the Porsche connection becomes appealing. Before anyone suggest "Morgan, Ginetta or Marcos" the answer is 'all very nice, but still no'.