Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Laminova fully plumbed

Jason Plato

I have a laminova that has all the oil and water hoses for a K series Dry sump setup . The laminova lives under the throttle bodies / plunum chamber with the water from the bypass circuit heating / cooling the oil .

I used the bypass circuit to get the oil up to temp for sprinting and road use , after fitting the laminova I found that the oil was reading 75Degrees C(in the belltank) after about 10mins of running . Oil & water temp on road track was maintained at 75-80 C .

So parts are :

Laminova cooler in silver anodoised ally .

Braided stainless Oil pipe & 5/8 fitting from return on dry sump pump > 5/8 laminova inlet

Braided stainless Oil pipe from 5/8 laminova outlet to 5/8 Caterham dry sump coning tower on the belltank

90 degree Blue Silicon Mocal Water pipe from thermostat > Laminova inlet

Length of Blue Silicon Mocal water hose from Laminova outlet to new design Caterham submarine water pipe.

This is a kit that I measured up and Think assembled for me about 14 months ago .

No damage , leaks etc etc . Only selling as I now have a different dry sump system

*thumbup*

£160 + £8 postage

Ta

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*

Powered by Hellier Performance 😬

Now updated *thumbup*

• Support Team

Dave - don't suppose you have a picture of the setup as fitted? I have a Laminova already but can't decide whether to fit it with my new Caterham dry sump set up. I am interested in the pros and cons of this setup - please mail me if you don't want this thread hijacked.

Cheers.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

For Sale: wet sump, ali bellhousing, chrome headlights, sill protectors

Wanted: Black headlights, blank carbon dash

I dont have a close up of the setup ☹️, There are some photos on my link below , but they dont show full detail as the Laminova is under the throttle bodies so not much can be seen .

The reasons I fitted it in this location were :

- the oil return from the pump is under little or no pressure so less possiblity of the laminova "backing up " when the oil is cold and thick .The downside is that the oil will contain air bubbles so the heat transfer will be lower .

- The bypass hose heats up long before the thermostat opens so you start heating the oil whilst the engine is heating up .

-The position under the throttle bodies keeps the oil pipes nice and short to reduce weight and flow issues .

It worked well in this position

*thumbup*

C7 TOP *tongue*