Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Porsche 964 RS for sale/ p/ex with Caterham

Fergus

I'm looking for a caterham Sl, SLR, R3/400, but need to sell my Porsche first!

1992 (J) Porsche 964 RS Lwt

-guards red

-32k miles

-recent engine rebuild (including splitting the crankcases) (new parts included: ARP big end bolts, ARP head studs, Ti valve spring retainers, race spec valve springs, new big end bearings, stainless valves, new valve rockers, etc, etc)

Engine has done about 1000 miles since the rebuild (invoices available)

The car has had a number of new parts fitted over the last 2k miles:

-clutch and release bearing

-front lower aluminium wishbones

-pads, discs, braided hoses & SRF fluid

-LSD service pack (i.e plates)

Acident free (original panels and paint)

Still has all original RS bits (refurbished magnesium alloy wheels (with good condition 'N rated' S02s all round), steering wheel, recaro leather seats, etc, etc)

Car currently running a cat bypass pipe, with a 'cup' pipe (cuts out one of the silencers) and an AmD chip. Dyno plots for 287bhp.

Currently fitted with a red bolt in full heigo roll cage (easily removed) & associated mounting plates

Massive service history (both at respected UK indepedants and german official porsche centres). Car imported to UK in 1997 by leading independant porsche garage owner.

I am selling the car due to extreme lack of use!

Please contact me with sensible offers or p/ex ideas. (I don't really want an R500). The car is worth around 30k, although I am flexible. I don't like timewasters!

Thanks

Fergus (0777 562 7779)

Beagle - classic lhd story - changing from 3rd to 2nd rather than 3 rdto 4th...I did it myself in my RS - buzzed the engine = top end rebuild. Fergus has had it rebuilt properly - didn't need to specify ARP bolts and studs for instance.

He'as also had all the expensive bits done - lower arms, lsd and discs for instance.

"I am selling the car due to extreme lack of use!"

.......errr - and to think I sold MY Caterham to BUY a 964RS for exactly the same reason !!!!

I concur with Mark here - if this man is a 964 enthusiast with a properly maintained example you WONT regret it and I get someone to talk to about cars again

😬

Jules,

you gave me a couple of laps around the ring about 3 years ago in your black monster (J* J*P)..... I had full racing leathers on and only just fitted. Euan was there with his 968CS if you remember....

Thanks anyway. It is in v. good condition!

Fergus

964 RS totally rules the track-day roost - one as meticulously cared for as this with such low miles is still worth as much as a new R500 or even a 7 CSR - forget the left hand drive bit as so many classic cars are - Integrales, Z8 and many rare Porsches to name but a few - 'nuf said.

gave it some serious thought - but racing 911's not my brother's thing - he wants the leather interior and turbo bodied 993 - still has to be air-cooled though - none of this boxster-looking water-cooled nonscense. If that doesn't work out he's chopping-the elise in for his friends Clio V6 and I'll look for a tidy 964 C2 instead of the SL - I said we fancied a change didn't I (I expect we'll be back with 7s and elise's within a year or two).