Click here if you are having website access problems ×

CSR Front Suspension ???!!!***...

PaulD

Both CSRs at Paul Ricard crashed of which one only had a minor damage which looked like a new nosecone and a new radiator, did not look worse in any way. But they took the car out of the race for being not repairable quickly. Maybe this is another aspect of the new suspension ?!?! More fragile and not easy to repair ?! Just a thought.

for the record, the CSR 200 at the Festival was running on slicks whereas most of the other cars were on 32R's in the two Hankook Masters races. Not entirely fair to draw too many conclusions on handling there.

In the open race, everyone was on slicks annd the CSR finished well down IIRC but equally the second Japanese driver was not familiar with the car or the circuit. So again not a perfect comparison.

At Paul Ricard, I was able to follow the CSR 260's for a couple of laps until their little "moment". While I could keep up on the straights particularly with the aid of a tow, they could brake later, carry more speed into, through and out of the corner and get the power down better on the exit. Wider slicks will have helped here (e.g. 10" v 8" at the rear) and more talented drivers ( 😳) too but there was nothing wrong with the CSR's handling.

Re the damage, sadly neither car was in a state to carry on without more work than could be done in the time - and with top speeds in excess of 150mph, a quick bodge was not a wise option. In neither case was this down to CSR specific design as far as I could see but I could be wrong.

regards

fc

P.S. and the CSR's were 1 or 2 secs a lap faster than anything else out there IIRC

Edited by - fatcat on 2 Dec 2004 13:42:52

Swiss Tony

Heard similar rumours but that is all they are as far as I know will keep track of it if possible strange how some one says you don't need a lsd in the csr?? But then whilst I can understand it if explained patiently what I know of designing rear suspension you can write on a postage stamp.

Dave B Superlight No.175 Freestyle superwide Pushrod SV rear and aerofoil mmmmmmmm!