Click here if you are having website access problems ×

MOMO

stephen grant

• Support Team

Not wanting to teach you how to suck eggs but... have you got the wheel all the way on? The Momo has a position where it's not on properly but also doesn't come off - you wouldn't be the first person to have driven around in this state 😳. If this is not the case then perhaps you do have a problem.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Hmmm....

I'll go home and check, but I thought I was sure that it was on all the way. It's not a lot of play, but then again, it's really not an area of the car where one's happy to have anything loose!

thanks,

stephen

ps; don't worry about teaching me to suck eggs - i'm bl00dy clueless with all this DIY 7 stuff. Keen to learn though.....

ok, well had a proper play last night and, actually, having thought that the play was in/out, it's actually side/side. if I put the wheel on the column and then apply pressure to the left side of the wheel and then the right side, it rocks a little. Sounds like Grubbster's situation as well. Guess it's nothing to worry about???

stephen

all the QR mounts I have felt and owned have had this play in them to one degree or another .

- I changed to a fixed, flat bottomed D shaped wheel in the end ...

if you have any concerns that you may have defective steering or play then you should take it to somone who knows what they are dealing with . Not being nasty or harsh , but it is the bit that keeps you on the road !

C7 TOP *tongue*