Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Budget 7 wanted before Christmas

Buster

As suggested above, cycles plus 5k is more than a tad optimistic. Earlier this year there was one with flares advertised for 5150, it sold sight unseen in half an hour and is still being talked about in hushed terms now. I'm not sure if the seller has finished crying yet.

As for finding one this side of Xmas, your optimism knows no bounds. In the same spirit I'd like Kylie's home phone no and her to come and visit me next weekend. I'll get the food in and change the sheets, but she's doing the cooking. *tongue*

In your position I'd be looking at 7k up as Steve says and be prepared to swap the wings (not too difficult or expensive).

Good luck. Oh and welcome. *wink*

Thanks Andrew, no probs, Kylie should be here around 7pm Friday. Says she's bringing an E type to play with for the weekend. *tongue*

It was indeed Rowly's car. Dunno if it was sick or not or whether he tried to sell it at a higher price for a while but I do know that as soon as it went to 5150 that was it, wallop, half an hour later, gone and a queue of people saying "me too!".

I could make good money importing XF 7s into Fr if I could get them at 7k each. Ever wondered why there are so few left in the UK? They are all on this side of the channel taking advantage of the fact that they predate emissions regs.

Sorry I'm sure - thought you'd have appreciated all the BTTTs... *eek*

You've posted a wanted ad in a for sale section on a public forum - not a classified in the local paper - so you might expect one or two comments back. And a little harmless fun is part of being on here - if you're taking umbrage to people's generally friendly and not too far o/t banter you might be in the wrong place. ☹️

Why don't you close this thread (as the thread originator you can - go to the bottom of the page) and then your ad can continue in the 'Wanted' section and undisturbed by replies in here.

Andrew

I have to agree with Coyote, Buster. While it is not acceptable to post "too expensive" after a for sale ad here, or anything else obviously negative, anyone posting a wanted in "for sale" can expect to get his leg pulled. Equally anyone asking the (near) impossible, like half doors, Tillett seats and 6 speed boxes and 5k 7s can expect to be subject to a bit of lighthearted mickey taking. Amongst all this there's actually a reasonable amount of useful information being posted, if you aren't interested in listening to it then by all means close the thread.