Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry sump assembly question

Shaun_E

• Support Team

The oil sleeve that goes between the sump and block has 2x 22mm dia, 2.5mm thick O-rings and is supposed to be a push fit. The O-rings were missing in my kit and I just received them from Caterham. They are roughly 22mmdiax2.5mm thick but having fitted them to the sleeve, I cannot get the oil sleeve into the recess in the sump. The O-rings are just too thick.

Is there a special technique? Do I just have to wait for them to shrink back into the grooves on the oil sleeve? I've tried silicon lubricant to no avail.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

The saga continues.

I tried the boiling water and rubber mallet trick and only succeeded in splitting the "O" ring. I honestly believe that it is the wrong size. The instructions describe the "O" ring as 22mm diameter and 2.5mm thick. The ones I have been sent are 3mm thick and they do not sit flat in the oil sleeve groove - as if they are too large a diameter. It's hard to know how the diamter is measured - inside, outside or mean so not really sure what it is.

I went to a hose supplier at the weekend who were able to give me an "O" ring that is 2.62mm thick (BSP size) and fits into the oil sleeve groove. This would seem to be the correct size for the sleeve and when I push the sleeve into the hole in the sump, it goes in fairly easily - problem is I think it is too loose and might not form a good enough seal.

I will phone Caterham today but if anyone (Dave???) has the parts out to measure, could they tell me what size of "O" ring they put on the sleeve and how well it appeared to fit.

Thanks,

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

ahhem , cough cough .........

er ,.......... caterham didnt send the O rings to me when I ordered the parts *thumbdown*, so I went and scourced 2 rings from the engineering stores here on site *thumbup* . My rings were 2.5mm OD . They needed a little assistance to go in the hole , but they sit comfortably .

send me your address off line and I'll post you 2 tonite 😬 *thumbup*

C7 TOP *tongue*