Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Toyo T1S

jackb_ms

Steve-b

Before my accident caused me to give up work I used to sell TOYO's and many other makes of tyres. If the newer ones are the same as the older PROXES U1's they will stick like glue.

If I remember they were a synthetic tyre, they used to stink if you ever got to wheel spin em!!

Bill

Just fitted the Proxes T1-S all round on my 205 Gti. Done about 1000 miles in them and not sure! Had P6000s before and the steering doesn't seem as sharp as before (though they may still need to be run in...). Saying that, have good grip, nicely progressive and look good! Got mine at Top Gear. Very cheap but terrible service. A place for the Saxo boys and won't be going there. At least not the St. Albans branch...

Jack,

I've been doing some digging on tyres recently. Toyo have now brought out the T1-R which replaces the T1-S. I ran T1-S's on my modded Saab c900 turbo and found them great. They are quite a soft compound so would imagine they will fair well on a light car such as the Seven.

I must add I don't own a Seven...yet! I'm going to look at one tomorrow and if I buy it the first thing I will need to do is replace the pile ups that are currently fitted. I too was looking at A539's or Toyos.

I was quoted £200 for four 195/50 15" Toyo T1-R's fitted etc by my local supplier. Tyre pattern looks great too!

I was also quoted £157 for four A539's by George Polley Motorsport but this is delivered only - I would have to get them fitted so guess the price would be very similar all told.

If its for road use only, would there really be much in it?

Cheers

Dave

Jack

To put it quite simply - if you need list 1A tyres for competition then note that Simon Thornley used Toyo T1-Ss to win class 2b (Westies, Sevens and Daxs) of the Curborough Sprint Championship in his pre-lit Westy, set the fastest time of the year on currently available list 1A tyres and finished the season with a new lap record.

Speaks for itself don't it?

If you don't need to use list 1A to meet the regs then List 1B has much better rubber 😬

Me? I trundled round into 4th place on Bridgestone RE720's (reputed [by BMTR] to be better that Yoko 539's) *eek*

Silver SV SSR

Thank you gentlemen for your input

I'm looking into changing my pilots with something less expensive than the Yoko A539 (very limited funds ☹️)for road used mainly. And the toyo are slightly less expensive.

I'm going to check on the Avon ZZ3.

Thank again for your help

Jack

Emily, The Very Yellow 21

ECT - No!

But I heard from a (usually reliable) man in the tyre trade only this week that they have been designed primarily to meet new (lower) Government guidelines for road noise generation and will therefore give less "grip" than T1-Ss (bit like SO3s vs SO2s) ☹️

Silver SV SSR