Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Excellent!

Myles

Oh, this is good news.

I was just parking up today - when a bloke from the Suzuki garage accosted me.

They've got the culprit on CCTV! (not doing my car, but he did some of the garages' again last night).

I've just seen it, and you get a good side-view of the guy - we believe he lives just round the corner, so with luck, he's nicked!

*thumbup*

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Myles, If most people haven't bothered reporting, you may find Police give him a warning.

Look at this way. They have video evidence which may not be as clear-cut in court as you first think. There is only one or two reported incedents on record and no evidence to say it was the person on the video. So they can only prosecute for the one incident. On a "petty" matter they probably won't waste time on hours of questioning so won't get a confession on any other damage, let alone the one on video.

If he has any sense he'll stop doing it now he's on camera.

However, if he had any sense he wouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Sorry to dampen hopes but I've been there myself too many times.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

Knowing who it is is half the battle though. I don't approve of vigilantes (particularly because they so often get the wrong people) - but I suspect that this chap (and his friend) will get some attention, one way or another, from some of the locals - particularly those who didn't report damage at the time, or paid for it out of their own pockets.

The garage has had a long-list of incidents - obviously not caught on camera, but they would have reported them all I believe. The PC I spoke to mentioned the damage on just one occassion was into four-figures - not something they could just write-off, and not something they would claim for without a crime number.

I've certainly reported the last three that have happened to me in the last two weeks.

It might only be a small victory, but it's an improvement.

Project Scope-Creep is underway...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Edited by - Myles on 24 Nov 2004 18:29:00