Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Exhaust Options

cskip

Having a Crossflow that I want to take on the track is proving difficult with the current trend for reducing noise limits.

Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement exhaust that will reduce the noise level below 98DB and not affect the peformance. Or is that just not possible!!

I am currently running the standard rear exit exhaust. Is the competition side exit exhaust louder that the standard exhaust?

Clive.

Clive,

I have a 4-1 exhaust on a 1.6 x/f and I am currently experimenting with a SuperTrapp add-on silencer to further reduce noise. See under SuperTrapp for additional info.

Drop me an email and I'll let you know how I get on.

I understand that the side exit exhaust is quieter than the rear exit one.

Cheers,

Peter

Edited by - Baby Bucket on 23 Aug 2001 18:24:23

Edited by - Baby Bucket on 23 Aug 2001 18:24:51

I, too, have a Techcraft silencer as fitted by The 7 Workshop on a x/flow with a 4 into 1 exhaust. When newly fitted it ran at 97db

but after some heavy driving I've obviously blown some of the stuffing out as its now at 102db but at least its repackable.

I understand that it only costs about £15-20 to repack it and I agree with Graham it looks good and looks even better if you get the primaries polished as well.

Chris Alston

Se7ening - it's all miles and smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

1800 x/flow - Loud and Proud teeth.gif

Clive,

I can't help you with the cost of a 4-into-1, but I think my 6" Techcraft silencer cost about £240 + VAT. If you want an accurate price speak to Chris Wheeler at the 7 Workshop 01992 470480

Chris Alston

Se7ening - it's all miles and smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

1800 x/flow - Loud and Proud teeth.gif