Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Alcantara

I reply to every thread

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had half my steering wheel flocked. There's a company in Banbury that do all the dashes for rally cars (inc Prodrives of course as they're next door). It look's very professional and durable.

This is an excellent idea, I think it would be very suitable for the inside of half doors.

They're called Central Blast Cleaning and they're next door to the railway station, 01295 278233.

So don't hesitate, get flocked!

This is the stuff I want to replace my horrible carpet on the the tunnel top.

So is it really as simple as a fabric shop!!!! Is it hard wearing (ish)

Not sure about the flocking as it sounds like to much trouble taking the car or the tunnel to them!!

Winner of the Largest pair in a non SV 7 (Rumble 2003) here

> I'm not hanging around here for all this grief again

Maybe he won't read the thread as no-one mentioned carbon in the title.....

The Activa price list was an enclosure in the last low flying, there's also a Caterham pricelist somewhere buried in here but no link to it from the front page.

> what is flocking?

They coat the item in two pack glue, then charge it electrostatically and blow fine nylon bristle type material at it, it sticks to the glue but stands on end due to the charge. Ends up looking like it's covered in fairly coarse velvet.

They charged me £20 to do 2 off 6 inch lengths of my steering wheel, the bits where you hold it, so for a complete wheel it would probably similar to flock than buy a suede one.

Edited by - Chelspeed on 24 Nov 2004 17:18:09

Graham,

I find you post inaccurate and unnecessary.

If you find the need to make such comments, please be courteous enough to research the subject.

Dave,

Activa half doors are £120 each and I will not enter into any comparisons with other products as the only vague similarity is shape.

The first pair will be off the moulds end of this week, as will the race seat and a very spunky K series engine cover - all very competitively priced. We are applyinging to the FIA to approve the seat, so it will hopefully be the first FIA approved seat for a Seven or similar type car.

Dave, I can do anything, but the toolling cost would be massive for that! My pattern make is a bit of a perfectionist..........

Guess we'd be looking at around £1600 for the tool, but only around £300 for the part. Get 16 people interested and they'd be £400 each. I'll be your first punter! (all prices + Vodka)

> I find you post inaccurate and unnecessary.

Sorry EFA, it was very much tongue in cheek ☹️

> If you find the need to make such comments, please be courteous enough to research the

> subject.

I did try to find the page on the activa webpage, but failed despite seing it before. And I did give you a free link.....

Does this mean you won't want to sell me a set of +2" rear wings? If we're still talking then do you have any idea when these will be available? I guess they'll be the item in your range with the smallest market.

Edited by - Chelspeed on 25 Nov 2004 19:19:35