Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I WANT A BOX OF GEARS

owelly

I have posted this on the wanted bit upstairs but as its the 1st time I ever been there, I'd thought I'd copy it here too. Thankyou please. *confused*

I'm looking for a couple of type 9 gear boxes. Preferably long shaft ones (XR4i i think?).

Ideally delivered to my door for under a fiver.

Only joking. I'm not too bothered about the condition if they are priced accordingly. I could always take the oily bits out of a few and make one crap one.

I'm in Whitby, North Yorkshire but travel down to Notts/Sheffield quite a lot. I'll be popping across to Lancashire at the beginning of December (via Manchester if need be) so if anyone has such items, I'd like to put them under my chrimbo tree.

its only a game.........

Carpet has one. I'm sure he wouldn't notice.... *wink*

p.s. Don't worry about the 3/8" steam pipe - a nice man with a marvellous collection of machine tools at Elvington is making me some magic bushes! *smile* Cheers anyway ,me ord cocker....

"We will mend it We will fix it..."

I will have most of a type 9 after 14th Dec. Not quite sure how much but BGH innards and Quaife casing going on. I've got a cast iron BH, so, as long as all new bearings go in the only bit missing for a full box will be the tailshaft casing.

If you want to ring me I'm on 0870 735 0010, Bradfield, NW of Sheffield.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here