Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Spherical Joints on Front Suspension

Ally

To make the front suspension more adjustable, both Chelspeed and myself have had some Rod-ends specially made by Autosport Bearings and Components (ABC) to replace the top balljoint, so we do not have to struggle splitting the balljoint to adjust the camber. The rod-ends were specially manufactured with a thread to fit the standard Caterham Wishbone.

I can e-mail anybody a photo if interested in the solution. Chelspeed has run the solution all year.

You can always contact Graham Kemp at Autosport Bearings and Components tel. 01932 225777 (e-mail: grahamkemp@autosport-bearings.co.uk) if interested since they have some left in stock. The part number is GAXSW16 X 1 MS Special. We paid £73.17 each nett. He will offer a better price if enough people are interested.

Harry: You can drill out the taper, but Chelspeed had some tapered spacers made up, so we could always revert back to the standard caterham set-up if required.

I will e-mail photos to Peter T, since I have found his e-mail address. He can always forward them on to other people if required.

I suggest if a few people are interested, that one person is contacts Graham Kemp at Autosport Bearings and Components tel. 01932 225777 (e-mail: grahamkemp@autosport-bearings.co.uk) to negotiate for everbody. Un fortunately, I am away for the next few weeks.

I've got one tapered spacer that you could borrow to get your local engineering company to copy. Cost me £35 quid for a pair from my local company.

Suggest whoever co-ordinates the rose joint purchase borrows the spacer and gets the relevant number of spacers made up.

Freestyle also supply these spacers as part of their super widetrack front wishbone kit. They may or may not be willing to supply them on their own.

> e mail details should be listed above.

Well yes..... and no. Unless I'm being particulalrly un pc-literate the links allow me to send email direct from L&OC forums but not attach photos. I need to know the actual address to mail from Outlook and attach photos.

I'm also having a kit made up by Hellier Performance to convert the top ball joint - these will be feely available off the shelf within a few weeks .

The pieces will replace the taper joint top wishbone with a bearing mount and a sleeve will fit inside the wishbone to allow the use of a male thread and bearing .

Dave

C7 TOP *tongue*