Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Westfield for sale

Westfield

I feel justified in posting this on here as I have a purchase pending on a Caterham!!

Westfield SEI 1990. This is the sought after model with independent rear suspension. The car is in excellent condition and is taxed and MOTed, fully serviced and ready to go! The chassis is in great condition with the original powder coating as new. (Caterham please note!!) The body is also excellent with no cracking or crazing, just the normal chips on the rear wings from stones! It has Caterham seats, carbon dash, and a host of other modifications in keeping with the spirit of the ordinal Lotus Seven, i.e. light weight and minimalist. (ok ok its got a heater!) The car handles and drives extremely well producing 150BHP from the Crossflow engine. It sounds awesome too!

Stainless 4 into 1 competition exhaust

Spax adjustable shockers all round

Rear disk brakes

3.9:1 ford English differential in Westfield's own diff case

Alloy fuel tank

Quick steering rack

Lightweight high capacity radiator

5 Revolution wheels

4 new tyres (spare very good!)

4 point Willans harnesses on both seats

Full weather gear, hood and sidescreen

Car only used on the road, no track days/racing

The engine is a150 BHP 1700 ford Crossflow based around the very latest AX block. This is very sought after for its strength and rigidity and its ability to be bored to 1850cc. It is mated to a 4 speed Rocket type gearbox which is renowned for its strength and durability

Twin 40s (latest type)

Gas flowed head by SPR with bronze guides 1.62 in 1.375 ex Valves (work of art!!)

Full race spec specification VS1 valve springs

Kent 244 camshaft

Duplex timing chain

83.5 forged pistons in AX block 11.25-1 CR

Lightened and balanced con rods

Cosworth big end bolts

VP race bearings

high pressure / volume oil pump

lightened and balanced flywheel, crank and steel front pulley

Steel rocker posts

3D mapped ignition (includes software and ignition map)

8 row oil cooler and thermostat

To see some pictures of the car have a look at the following link

Tonys web site

Offers based around £5750. It has to go so make me an offer. I am based in the midlands and can be contacted on 07941089223

Edited by - Tony L on 26 Nov 2004 12:23:43

Thanks YW!

It has been a great car; I (and my wife!!) have enjoyed owning it for 5 years but the time has come to sell… I have this desire for a Caterham that just won’t go away! I have found the car I want (purchase not dependant on selling this first…) and am finalising the deal now, so fingers crossed!

I have debated for year’s whether to sell it or not and go for the Caterham… I went and drove a 1.6 K series in the summer and came away very disappointed… I actually preferred the Westy! The handled felt better (much to do with how the car was set up no doubt…) and the old Crossflow had much more torque and power!

It will make someone a nice car for not a lot of money…