Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Do you think they're trying to tell me something

Myles

Hmm, I can't put my finger on it - and I might be imagining things - but I'll swear those dumb animals are trying to tell me something...

Five weeks ago: valve-insert partially removed from one of my 7's tyres. Flat tyre. No valve-key. Trip to Halfrauds

Last Saturday: Two doors on my Focus keyed

Last night: Front wing and one of the previously-keyed doors done again.

Car(s) always parked in the same place - to within a few inches.

And it's not yoofs - the police (and my neighbours and I) believe it is someone over 50 years old who lives within a hundred yards or two. All of my neighbours have suffered over the last year (including a Suzuki car dealership - multiple times, to the tune of a couple of grand in paint repairs).

We believe it's a parking dispute - my parents house backs on to the end of what is now a cul-de-sac. There isn't much room, so for the last two years, I've parked on a wide expanse of tarmac'd pavement opposite the back of my house, next to a small vet's and close to the dealership. I always park out of the way, in the same place, next to the road - but during the day, vet and Suzuki customers/mechanics have a tendency to put another 3+ cars on the area - filling it up.

I can see that this could cause some people some annoyance - but it is at the (mostly non-residential) end of the road.

The really annoying thing is that my car is the only vehicle that overnights there - so it is being damaged at a time when it is causing absolutely no-one any harm whatsoever.

To be honest - I wouldn't mind so much if they'd keyed the caterham. It's lived outside for most of the last year and has a few accidental scrapes and war-wounds anyway.

Nope - they have to pick on my Focus - which has been garaged (and virtually unused - less than 7k total) for the last two years.

Fsckers.

There. Got it off my chest. Grrrrrrrr.

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Slightly scary thing was wandering in to my local nick earlier in the week to report the first keying - the lady on the desk (civvy I think) knew who I was, where I lived and that I owned the 'Q-car under the sheet'. (Well, OK, the reg isn't visible when it's covered...)

The copper I spoke to knew about the car too *eek*

Fortunately, the desk-lady did explain that she lives in the same street I park my car - but I've never knowingly seen her!

Bang go my chances of getting away with anything in the future! I must remember to carry out any future 'testing' further afield. 😳

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

See if you can get to a senior officer and explain all the incidents over the past year. This is why it's worth reporting "petty" crime. If you can give good reason for your suspicions they may send someone round to question. It may stop the problem, it won't put it right or get him in court.

If you want the car spraying at a sensible price and don't mind getting it to Sheffield give me a shout.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here