Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Driving Experience Days

Mrs GTD

I'd like to give my Dad a 'driving day experience' and wondered if anyone had any suggestions? Silverstone have a Caterham day, which is £149 for 9 laps. Does that seem expensive?

I think Dad would enjoy driving a 7, mainly 'cos his son-in-law has one!

Mrs GTD

Carbonette - patches that make it easy to say NO to carbon fibre

Mrs GTD,

Caterham's own slalom days are £99 for half and £169 (I think) for a full day, and you get a lot more fun than just 9 laps *tongue*

We're joining up with Caterham next year to run side-by-side with them... you have your turn(s) on their specially set up understeery and oversteery cars on the slalom area and then come over to us and see how well you can do in your own car on a different course... should make for some interesting manoeuvres *eek* *tongue*

FH *cool*

Decent ones are b*ggeringly expensive.

I did a rally day last year - I've no idea how much it cost (used 120,000 Amex points... - probably around 400+ish quid to punters), but the second half of the day was spent in full-spec 300hp reasonably recent 4wd cars (filled with carbon and switches).

Anyway, for around the £150 mark, wouldn't it be better to get him a rent-a-seven day instead??? OK, it's not on the track, and the price probably is a bit higher these days...

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Nice idea Dannyboy *thumbup*

Not wishing to be rude to the old boy, but anything with 300hp would probably cause his 🙆🏻 to clench alarmingly! I also thought a track day would be good, as he'd get a bit of instruction; we'd have to clear all the roads in Sussex if we let him loose in a rental 7 for the day!

I'm interested to learn that you can pay for this sort of thing with Amex points - I wonder if Airmiles do something similar?

Thanks FH *thumbup* The Caterham days sounds like good value. I remember doing a day with them at Castle Coomb (GTD's birthday pressie one year IIRC), and we certainly got more than 9 laps.

Mrs GTD

Urm, I'll try and remember which crowd actually ran the day...

It was this lot here Not, as far as I can remember, a Red Letter Day. It *was* in the Amex brochure, so I guess you just need to look it up in whatever scheme you're in. They also did Ferrari experiences etc. etc. under Amex.

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Airmiles only do a karting day, which I don't think he'd enjoy, BUT they do 'An Introduction to Steam Engine driving' and as Dad worked on the railways as an engineer in his 'yoof', and loves steam engines that could be an alternative if we can't find an appropriate track day. *cool*

Mrs GTD

Bluebell railway do a day where you can learn to drive a steam train Mrs GTD. An old codger I used to work with did it and looked like this *arrowright* 😬 *arrowleft* afterwards!

Bluebell railway is near Haywards Heath! I'm sure if you called them they could point you to who actually runs it *thumbup*

Dannyboy *tongue*

Even if you're not an AmEx customer?

What , You mean that The Mr GTD has not made you an additional card holder yet?

I thought it was compulsory for all "partners " to have that status or so Delbertas' Mum told me *eek*

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!