Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Race a-frame

wg_mulholland

Does anyone know anything about the alternative a-frame location at the rear the caterham? I was at arrowstar recently and saw it on a superlight racer. There seems to be a bracket that bolts onto the old pickup and the rollbar mounts to position the new pickup higher and further back.

The main questions I have are: is it any good? and how much shorter is the a- frame than the standard, as I picked up a slightly smaller a-frame off a racing friend a while back and don't know what it's for.

Also, what size and thread are the six point harness locating bolts, are they all the same size? Are they the same size as the ones that bolt into the crossmember on the floor beneath your knees?

thanks!

Can't help you much technically but a quick word of caution on the harness bolts. My car has a new raised section of ally skin where the harness bolt was longer than I expected when I tightened the harness fixing nearest the outside edge of the car. As the car is yet to be driven, I was not happy at putting the first ding in the bodywork before it has left my garage. Basically, the bolt gores further through the captive fixing than you would like and meets the skin of the car just ahead of the rear wing.

My harness kit had (I now see, wish Arnie had) different length bolts. If you don't get a reply to this thread I'll have a look at the bolts and let you know the spec tonight.

Cheers

Graham,

I think you'll find he means he wishes I'd been around to spot his mistake.....

Personally I would not have used an eir ratchet to tighten them either!

Boys and their toys.....

What were the "other" wrong length bolts Graham.....

Fat Arn

See another FAT ARNIE here

See a meaty Vauxhall car here

See the Le Mans Trip Website here

See the Lotus Seven Club North Kent Website here