Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 - Winter project

Austin

I have owned this car from new.It is now in race trim but has all the road parts available.I have ordered a CSR and can't be bothered to fix the car.

R500 No 9 ( I think ) factory built in 2000. Has been raced in 2003 & 2004 and is sold without engine that exploded (Non Minister).

Has slight rear bodywork damage and has sponsors stickers on paintwork.

All normal R500 features.

May do a deal on full stack system/dampers/3 sets of rims and tyres etc

Below is quote from Minister for new engine.

To rebuild your severely damaged R500 engine will cost approximately £8033 + VAT = £9438-77

For us to fit the engine to your car, the cost will be approximately £832 + VAT = £977-60

This price does not include any additional components if necessary, e.g. hoses, starter, etc. We may wish to replace parts if they are worn or in bad repair for the sake of the overall reliability factor. If we do this we will keep you informed of possible added costs.

The Duratec option is a possibility, to supply a 250 BHP engine will cost approximately £10,836.50 + VAT = £12,732.88, plus supply of fitting kit and installation at an additional approximate cost of £3272 + VAT = £3844.60. Considering the extra torque the engine has, the performance will find any weak areas in the transmission or drivetrain, therefore you may require these parts to be uprated, or at least refurbished at additional cost.

Price of Winter Project £9,750

The start of the ad might help answer your question Dave....

I have owned this car from new.It is now in race trim but has all the road parts available.I have ordered a CSR and can't be bothered to fix the car.

*tongue* *tongue* 😬

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

aha. I'm still an idiot though. There are lots of photos of this car kicking around somewhere... will post when I can.

handled well from what I remember seeing of it. The damage is indeed minor, having been caused by a blackbird being driven overenthusiastically I think.

• 4 months later...

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May do a deal on full stack system/dampers/3 sets of rims and tyres etc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested in this deal - Please let me know what's possible.

Cheers