Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Nearly new M3

Gridgway

Hi Graham.

Not spoken in a while, hope you're well.

I have just managed to get rid of my M3 and found that the market for them is an absolute bastard. Dealers aren't buying which is depressing prices (Glass's wrote them down by £1200 last month alone)

If he has no luck selling privately and needs a good price I suggest you point him to Munich Legends in East Sussex. They bought mine for a £1,000 more than any other dealer was bidding and were good guys to deal with.

Cheers

Steve

It's funny how M3 prices are just dropping like a stone at the moment. It seems that people are losing confidence in them. I guess it must be to do with the latest recall to replace the big ends or main bearings or something similer 😳. They seem to be getting a bit of a reputation for a loose back end if the tyres have done more than 10-12k miles, even with all the electronic aids on. *eek* Plus of course there is a new V8 M3 on the horizon too.

Although I sold my M3 Cab at what I felt was a very low price back in the spring, I'm glad I did now, I'd be sweating otherwise. I could've bought a nice Seven on what I lost in 18 months M3 motoring! I don't want to do that again in a hurry................

Paul J. Hard work never killed anyone ........ but why take the chance!

I run 2 training companies. 1 side does tailored sales and management training courses to all manner of companies such as Banks/Telcos etc. The other business is training in conflict management, drugs awareness, personal protection and so on. Bulk of that is for licensed trade, and security market but we are now looking at things like NHS and schools as well.

The thought of Holly at 16 scares me rigid at the moment 😳 she's hard enough to cope with already!

Steve

• 1 month later...

New M3 isn't out until late 2006 early 2007 so that shouldn't affect the residuals, what does affect them is that M3's are made in such huge numbers now and are not exclusive like they used to be. They're great cars and a great 2nd hand purchase. The back end on these do let go very easily but they are also very easy to bring back into line *biggrin*

XL Motorsport....Racing into the Future

Thanks Gridgeway.

I went to look at one with my missus yesterday with the intention of buying and I walked away a little disheartened!

It really didn't do anything for me! Not because it wasn't a nice car but it just didn't excite me. I now know I am not ready to spend £30k on a car! The most I have ever spent was less than £17k on a Caterham. Caterhams mean more to me than a road car so I reckon I will stick with a cheaper road car with a diesel engine.

When I put the post up - I was in full M3 buying mode!! My mind is now made up that I will not be getting one for a year or two yet.

Cheers

Rich