Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dry Sump

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Does the kit from Caterham include absolutely everything required? Are there any other changes required (e.g. to clutch mechanism)?

I will be going to the factory on Friday and before I buy the kit I want to be absolutely sure that it really is a DIY job and that I won't have to make any unexpected changes to the car.

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

• Support Team

Clutch will be replaced as will CRB but Paul's comment is the one thing I was wondering. I only thought of it as on the Caterham website they sell the clutch release arm but mark it as "wet sump only".

While I am happy to fit standard items (i.e. the dry sump kit) I am not so keen to start making changes that are not so standard.

Any other thoughts on hydraulic clutch? I was too late to catch Caterham this evening but will phone them tomorrow.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

I can confirm that the Caterham dry sump kit does include a new clutch fork which operates by cable. If your travelling some distance to collect the kit I suggest you check it very carefully as there were a few bits missing from mine and other owners have had similar experiences.

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Considering my options for 2005

Well, everyone beat me to it, but essentially your DS kit will include:

Bell/tank housing including inlet and filtered outlet unions

Coning tower (swirl oil inlet)

Clutch fork

Sump pan

Scavenge pump, mounting bracket and drive belt (I'm assuming you don't need a different crank pulley for this)

2 x aeroquip hoses

Not sure if it comes with a different pick-up pipe. My engine came with the DS kit from new.

Ask Caterham for the fitting instructions , some of the parts are a little complicated .

Also ask caterham to cross check your order against the inventry before you leave the sales counter .

You will also need a off side engine mount and bolts - this is different on the dry / wet sump .

The clutch cable is the same wet/dry .

also buy a spare dry sump belt whilst you are there

*thumbup*

C7 TOP *tongue*