Click here if you are having website access problems ×

question for Sir Paul

neil.cavanagh

Paul,

Whom did you send your pictures to to get them on the 'fridge door' bit of LF??

I'm emailed some off to the 'editor' email address in LF but got no reply. I have never received a reply from this address to previous emails either.

Before I go into rant mode about LF, and certain bits of the club, only serving their friends rather than the greater club membership, I thought I'd ask a man who has had success!!

Yours,

Iritant Barsteward of The Norf.

Neil, I think our editor doesn't acknowledge emails but will use the stuff when/if he can. I sent him the photos from Brize Norton on a CD with a note to ring me when he had a minute so I could explain which was what. No call but pictures are in this months edition.

Whicj by the way just gets better.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

thanks Norm!

I'll hope to see my car in LF some time then!!

I agree that LF is a very very good magazine, and is certainly getting better.

The last email I sent the editor was a question one. I had just returned from a very long tour of scotland in the Caterham and thought I could write it up for the mag. So I emailed asking preferred length, format etc etc, so that I could deliver that they want. The lack of reply did taint my enthusiasm a bit. However I am trying to put some sort of article together at the moment to 'do my bit'.

But its not going smoothly, so I might have to admit defeat that my Bs in GCSE English language and Lit was fully deserved!! (GCSE are sooo easy anyfink less than an A ain't worth talking about!!)

I need to send the ed some images....was going to email them but they are too big.

Does anyone have an address where I can send a CD too. I`ve emailed the ed but no reply.....I think he said he was out of the country in his last email

Simon Bell - Caterham 7 Duratec R

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Under my 'alter ego' I typed a series of articles a while ago, on behalf of Mr FH who didn't get an 'A' level in English 😳 In Paul's absence, I'll add my tuppence worth.

Send the copy as a 'Word' doc. Type it using line and a half or double spacing - it's easier for the Editor to read and make any adjustments. Use a font like Arial or Verdana (easier on the eye than Times NR). A selection of photos adds to the readability of the article - I certainly get put off reading a whole page of text in any magazine! - and remember that "a picture = a 1000 words" *tongue* Send the pix as jpgs. 1,500 words + a couple of pix will fill two pages.

If you have an idea of how you want the finished article to look, make notes in a different font and colour

HEADLINE

Introduction in italics

Main copy

More copy

Type at the end of the piece *tongue*

Add

WORDS: 1234 - so that Tony has an immediate idea of where it will fit in the scheme of things

Put feet up and forget about it

Beam with pride when future issue of LF lands on doormat

FH *cool*

Thanks for that FH *thumbup*

In answer to Simons Q, Tony's postal address is on P1 of LF each month

Tony always seems to be very busy (it must take a long time creating LF and of course he has a day job too) so following FH's good advice will help to make his life easier and increase the liklihood of your words (and pictures) appearing on your doormat.

I spoke to Tony on Monday at Silverstone and he's always looking for more images for the fridge door and also to add to his stock pile of images. The more images and articles he gets the more he and the LF team have to choose from and the better the magazine will become.

Personally I'd like to see LF getting bigger, with more room for longer/more indepth articles and also rooms for things like the Blationary and the tools article. With more room for adverts from our favourite suppliers to help pay for it.

If you compare LF now with one from 5 years ago there is a far greater range of supplier adverts now.

New in recent months are

Oxted Trimming

Activa

English Classics (leather jackets)

SVC (Stafford components)

Carbon Bits (RiF)

Team Langoustine

Adams & Page tyres

Xtraspecial Sevens

Hmmmm I feel an email coming on to my AO as the AO meeting is on Saturday *thumbup*

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬