Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Looking for 13" carbon front wheel arches

V7 SLR

I've seen Arnie's and Chelspeed's 13" carbon wheelarches. They're flatter across the top, which means 7" wide ACB10's fit fully under them, they hug the circumference of the wheel better that the Caterham 13"/14" ones do, and now that I've bust one of my original ones, I'm in a position to buy.

Where can I get a couple?

I've tried emailing Plays Kool, but have received no answer. Their web site implies they're made "right" but I wouldn't know really...

I'll have a look in the FOR SALE section at Jason's ad, but if he's selling Caterham parts then they're not exactly what I'm after. They aren't wide enough and are formed around 14" wheels, which is what I've already got.

I've got one other lead, but would welcome more if you think of any.

Thanks.

Pierre,

Cut the ends off!!!! I added some extra grooves to some ACB10's when I failed to realise quite how much downforce occurs on the front edge of a front wing!

Blatman, I was going by the pics..... The weave in the pic on Playskools website looks typical of a wet layup. (400gms - thicker!)

Protune did buy all my tools - although I have seen no evidence of them making anything.

I do have the wing patterns still however......

Fat Arn

See another FAT ARNIE here

See a meaty Vauxhall car here

See the Le Mans Trip Website here

See the Lotus Seven Club North Kent Website here

I've been talking to Protune, and the answer is to watch that space...

I stuck my wings on. Didn't trust myself to get the location right first time and having now crashed my wing so hard into tyres that the wingstay bent, I believe the guy who sold me the windscreen sticky-stuff when he said "You'll be able to pick the car up with this stuff, if the wing didn't break first".

Arnie, it's possibly a story you don't want to re-tell, so tell me to sod-off if so, but I'm interested as to why CCC stopped production. Seems like you had a good few components for sale at one point. Many of which I'd now be interested in.

Also, if you've still got the wing patterns, does this mean no-one else (reference to those who bought your tools) has copies or that you may yet make some more?

Edited by - V7 SLR on 21 Aug 2001 16:31:42

V7

Stopped CCC as margins were too low and I did not have the time.

Protune have the moulds off the wide front wings, I have the pattern (used to make the mould.

I would suggest that Protune intended to make stufff as soon as they purchased all the stuff from me, and many have been anxiously awaiting their first batch since.

I think they probably wrote a ground up business case, looked at the figures and deduced same as me. In the meantime Caterhams carbon prices have increased at a rate somewhat in advance of inflation!

I'll be making some more wings when I stack my car!

Fat Arn

See another FAT ARNIE here

See a meaty Vauxhall car here

See the Le Mans Trip Website here

See the Lotus Seven Club North Kent Website here

I believe their intention is still to make components, but are looking for premises.

Hope you don't make any too soon, if you catch my drift. About time you got more use out of your car than you appear to have had of recent times.