Click here if you are having website access problems ×

sulking.

neil.cavanagh

mostly, this week, I'll be sulking...

Didn't get on the Silverstone track day yesterday... ☹️ ☹️ even though I was first person on BC to ask to be put on stand-by list.

then sat in stationary queue on M40 1 junction from A43 for 1.5 hours, watching a few sevens go pass on their way home. So I couldn't even get there in time to grab a passenger ride.

and now its cold and wet in the norf and my project monkeys did feck all whilst I was away...

*mad* *mad* *mad*

only 4 days to weekend.

but I've got to work it..

so I'm sulking.

so there. ☹️ *tongue* 😬

I did have a look out for you Neil and at one point thought I had seen your car.

I too am sulking but mainly because I was one of the people who managed to park too close to the Pit Wall ☹️. Dropped car off at Ratrace on the way home and hopefully find out what the damge is later.

Alan and his Yellow and Green BDR.

Alan.

Hope it's nothing too serious....the track was unexpectedly slippy round there *eek* Took serious confidence 😳 to push through there 😬 I am still trying to remove the seat base from my 🙆🏻 due to the sudden tightening through there 😬 😬 😬

Did anyone see the blue R400 thing that was sideways through there every single lap! WOW, great control..but Jesus........bit close to the edge

Dannyboy *tongue*

That bend on the pit straight is a nightmare in the wet! Feel a little better about not being there on Monday now.

I've just booked a Bookatrack day at Goodwood on Saturday 11th December - any other shedders interested? Come and marvel at the size of my new exhaust*

* I hope!

G 4 Geoff

Leather Good - Carbon Fibre Bad

619 GTD here

GTD.

your a bugger! 😬

I'm £149 down now!! 😬 😬 😬

See you in the 11th for some fun!

I think I might put myself into the Advanced group looking at the other cars going.. I think I can keep ahead of Golf GTI's without too much trouble!! Though I WILL NOT be trying to keep up with you, as that is how cars get bent....

ps not sulking now.. *cool* *cool*

Edited by - neil.cavanagh on 9 Nov 2004 11:19:34

Hi Guys, enjoy your day at Goodwood. I would love to do that circuit but will have to wait till next year now and probably after I have replaced the exhaust.

As for the damage to my car I think it is mainly the passenger side suspension, nose cone and possibly engine mounts. There was no leakage of fluids which I hope is a good sign. Will know more once Ratrace have had a chance to examine the car in more detail and check the chassis. I had lost a lot of speed before I hit the wall so hope that has reduced the damage. I faired alot better than the others that did the same thing.

Neil, depending on how bad the damage is cost wise I may take the opportunity to get a few things done especially anything that can save a bit of weight.

Just before the incident I had the car weighed by Freestyle and with me in the car it came out at 670kg 😳. I weigh about 85kg which puts the car at 585kg which is about what the book says for my car.

I might even get back some of the cost of saving weight by better fuel economy. So I can justify spending the extra money on the grounds of helping to save the planet 😬.

neil - the Maurice Reeves Golf is no ordinary Golf, and no ordinary driver. Have been on a few track days with it there, it flies !

GTD - I take it you now have a titanium cylinder the size of an oil drum strapped to the side of the car *smile* Would be very interested to find out the drop in db's that it produces.

The birth of the Gixxerham : pics here drivel here

Noger - trying to decide between the Caterham R400 exhaust with 7" silencer, or the Raceco version. News on this one shortly... *wink*

Neil - I'm less scared of you now - have the death threats stopped? Phew! 😬 Not sure how well you know Goodwood0? If you were in a different group we could do a little passengering with the intercom to compare lines - I've been round it once or twice!!

> > > *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here

Edited by - GTD on 9 Nov 2004 16:48:16

Geoff,

yes, i've forgiven you... 😬 😬 😬 *cool*

Some advice on lines would be great... I've never been to Goodwood before, and am still a bit of a novice at all this. I'll see how the groups look closer to the day and might take up your suggestion. I've got an auto-com headset in one of my helmets. But I just bought a nice new BELL helmet, but can't figure out how to install the auto-com well in that one.. *confused* *confused*

Were you describing Goodwood highlights there or Angelsey?? I seem to remember from some screeching noises that you were doing similar antics there at Easter to??? 😬 😬 😬

ps. I'll let you dribble on my C/F aeroscreen if your lucky.. 😬

Neil - what an outrageous slur (probably true - except that Angie's brother wasn't there) 😬 😬

I'd suggest that you book intermediates perhaps, then, as it is always easier to go up a group than down as typically the Beginners and Intermediates have more people than advanced.

See you there!

*thumbup*

G 4 Geoff

619 GTD here