Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Will a Shedder be able to help me take my engine out?

TomB

You need some polymer. You can get a tube from RiF or go to a place that mix and sell car paint to bodyshops, the'll have it. It's applied in the same gun as silicone and takes 24 hours to cure. When applied properly it will not undo, you have to grind the bit it's stuck to off.

Which alternator bolt fell out? I tightened the bottom and saw you tighten the top ones, didn't I?

Watch this space and I'll tell you when piccies are on webbie. (Better do some work first)

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need some polymer. You can get a tube from RiF or go to a place that mix and sell car paint to bodyshops, the'll have it. It's applied in the same gun as silicone and takes 24 hours to cure. When applied properly it will not undo, you have to grind the bit it's stuck to off.

Which alternator bolt fell out? I tightened the bottom and saw you tighten the top ones, didn't I?

Watch this space and I'll tell you when piccies are on webbie. (Better do some work first)

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

Well... After playing at being a pilot with Mav's magic headsets on the way over *cool*, to being an integral part of the photography / supervisory team (along with Rob, the head photographer) *idea*, to offering a near sniffer dog service of finding a specific wrench (1/4" drive 7mm socket and ratchet IIRC) *arrowright* *arrowleft* and checking that both the racing clutch on Norm's ( *eek*****ing **** me 😳 , that ****ers 😬 a ****ing *smile* ****hot 😳 fast ****er of a *eek* *eek*) car *eek* *eek*, and that the racing underpants in ChrisB's car were functioning correctly (glad to say that all were present and correct. *smile*) I retired happy and contented with my days work.

Things really reached a feverish peak when the race was on after HM produced an executive fry up. Mav easily finished first with a flourish and a buttered roll, the rest of us at the sitting finishing about together, with Mr Caravaner and ChrisB coming up the rear in a later sitting... *confused* 😳

Much fun was had in a idyllic setting, and I have to give a greater respect to car engined sevens in the future. Not only was Norm's little black bullet a stunning drive, but Chris's x-flow was a real demonstration on how things used to be done in pre R#00 days and Mav's SV is the way to seven in style. *thumbup*

Cheers for the day out fellas, and mange tout all round.

BB

Edited by - Badger Bill on 15 Nov 2004 10:15:26

Owelly - come to my house if you like. There's loooooooooooaaaaaaads of stuff to do to Bart! You can also marvel at my shiny Keihin flatslide carbs too......... 😬 *thumbup*

BB - a nice man came round on satdy and took away my GSXR motor. In its place he left an R1! 😬 😬 😬 😬 *thumbup*

Edited by - Coose the bad typist on 15 Nov 2004 12:30:57

Edited by - Coose on 15 Nov 2004 12:31:22

Thanks to HM for lunch it was scrummy. Nearly fixed the sore head.

By the fact I'm posting here, means that so far I'm doing OK*

Just the pesky wireless thingy to sort out, and everything will be great 😳

* The enlightened will know what that means

Neil, I didn't see you in Whitby 'cos I was at work ☹️ (Trying to convince several MoD Plod that the Alfa engine dangling from the crane in the top secret RAF base was in fact, an integral component vital to national security 😬 😬) *thumbup*

savin up to be eccentric. but for now, i'll just be stupid...