Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Will a Shedder be able to help me take my engine out?

TomB

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what I'm going to do.

I'm going to tell you a story.

I'm going to tell you how all the nice people can make their way over a big wiggly snake to a very nice gentlemen's house/office/garage.

Now are you all sitting comfortable.

(this is a bit like Wizard of Oz)

When you come over the big wiggly snake there is a set of coloured winky lighty thingys at the bottom of the hill by the side of the big wet thingy called a resovoir.

Ignore them and go straight on. (but only when the winky thingy is winky green)

Carry on going striaght through the very bendy bit (not litaraly, the banks are hard)

When the bendy bits straighten out there is a left turn with a big black sign announcing that this is the way to the 13th century Strines Inn - It's lying but thats not important. TURN LEFT BY THE LYING SIGN.

Go down this road and take the first right.

Please note: you are now in Peak District country lanes. GO SLOW as there are some dips in this road which will remove a sump with ease. You may also meet a tractor coming at you with forks down! "Townies" tend to drive down the middle of the road, which is just wide enough for 2 cars to pass when both have wheels in the ditch.

Keep on the road taking the sharp right-straight-sharp left (not junctions-bends in road).

You will then come to a left turn junction - ignore it and take the next left turn junction 50 yards further on.

Take the first two bends on this road slowly, but carry on past a right turn junction and down a hill and take the next left.

Down this hill (you can now see the village of Low Bradfiled in all it's glory below you).

At the bottom of the hill there's a pub called The Plough. Go straight on at this junction and ignoring the right turn into a cul-de-sac, turning right over the hump back bridge.

Follow the wall round to the left and then, when the road turns right to go up the hill there is a dead end road straight on.

We are on this corner. You will see the black 7 in the side road and the red Elan and Silver Elise in the main road. Come up the side road back door drive and I'll be in the garage.

Let me know how many HM's catering for.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

Edited by - nverona on 11 Nov 2004 11:38:35

Neil, It's not a real service station, it's a house & office. It used to be a pub and instead of the ladies toilets in the outhouse there's a workshop/garage. Instead of beer barrels in the cellar there's a machine shop.

However there is a fully working bar in the house but, sadly, no beer barrel on the end of the pipe at the moment.

Mind you, you will be amused by the "furniture" in the bar

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

When you come over the bug wiggly snake there is a set of coloured winky lighty thingys at the bottom of the hill by the side of the big wet thingy called a resovoir.

Ignore them and go straight on. (but only when the winky thingy is winky green)

Under no circumstances turn left here. If you follow that road to the end, then turn right you'll enter a village called 'Hope'. That's where I got my last load of points..... ☹️ *mad*

Hope? Hope my 🙆🏻.....

Fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads.....

Gentleman (heheheh)

Im beginning to think Im being got at.............

I AM

patient, wonderful, caring, loving and occasionally pissed off ..........

and the norman gonna get bum smacked.....

Lynne (HM)

also sophisticated and charming

It must be marvellous to be able to tell people that you live in Hope.

I used to live in Ware when I was a nipper, which led to confusing conversations with people.

People: "Where do you live"

Short-Trousered Meldrew: "Ware"

People: "Yes, where?"

S-TM: "Ware"

People (now starting to become irritated by apparently obtuse child): "Yes, where do you live?"

S-TM (now starting to become irritated by apparently obtuse adult): "WARE. IN HERTFORDSHIRE"

People (slightly taken aback by force of response): "Whereabouts in Hertfordshire?"

S-TM (now rapidly approaching end of rope): "WARE! WARE! WARE!"

People walk away, shaking heads and wondering at rude, mentally defective boy...

Meldew

A helpful male - boy am I the lucky one........ *wink*

Now u understand my questions re the positions of going to the loo -

and that norm will get sorted - I do self defence - so he better beware lol *cool*

Lynne (HM)

practicing sitting positions on one leg......

Sounds right. The Lea runs through Ware, as does the New River, a watercourse that carries water into London from the watermeadows between Ware and Hertford.

Both good for catching tiddlers and observing the behaviour of waterboatmen, pond skaters and water rats.

When I was a nipper an out-of-control milk float careered down the hill into the New River, leaving yogurt pots and the milko's hat floating down towards Enfield and Tottenham.

Happy days! Until you had to tell someone where you came from. *mad* 😬

Have just peaked into the office of the norm - checked size of rear end heheheheh

those woman gonna be knitting blankets (large ones) by the time Iv'e finished smacking said rear end.........

😬

Lynne (HM)

hiding - suddenly loosing self confidence *eek*