Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Will a Shedder be able to help me take my engine out?

TomB

Ah go on go on go on!

Ive got about 2-3 weeks living at home with the 7 & a garage, before I go back to my flat in Manchester.

It seems a good time to fit my lightened flywheel fitted (a k series), but I have never taken the engine out.

Would anyone be able to offer help & moral support for the job? I can prepare the car this week with a view to lifting Saturday. Ill make lots of tea & sandwiches

I live in Wirral, Merseyside, so if there is anyone nearby at a loose end who fancies playing with cars one weekend, give me a shout!!

Edited by - TomB on 8 Nov 2004 17:46:19

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Miss Mav will make a lovely bride

and then she'll be Mrs Mav AKA Viv Richards (but not the cricketer)

I hope you've all got your invites to the Church and the posh doo afterwards [Tom Baker on Little Britain] I know I have [/Tom Baker on Little Britain]

I've been and bought a new hat and a matching handbag. I may also wear a sweatband if it's cold on the day *tongue*

*tongue*

Paul

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

Can I wear my kilt? *wink*

Back on topic, to answer the original question, yes, I'm sure a shedder will be able to help you take your engine oot.

It's the puttin' back in that's the tricky bit 😳

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssscottish

Sssssssssssssssssssssupersnot!!!

here *wink*

Tom,

I reckon your best bet is to find out who's wedding MM&M are going to, and then find out when the Hen do is.

Turn up, and take advantage of the bride-to-be in as many positions as possible. Get Sir Paul to provide photographic evidence.

Then mail these to the groom-to-be and hey presto, wedding off, and Mav will be free to come round and help with your engine. He is dead good at the spannering lark apparently.

Personally, I can't see a single flaw in this plan... 😬 😬 😬 *tongue* 😬 😬 *tongue* *cool* *wink* *wink* *wink*

TomB, have you a crane? what about other tools? can it be out fitted and back in one day?

Do you have a clutch to hand as it'll be silly not replacing that and the crb at the same time

I may be persuaded to come over and do it for you but need to know what we're doing.

However, it may be a lot easier for you to bring it here as I have everything to hand. If you can get here for say 8:30 (leave home at 7) i reckon you'll be back home by 9pm.

And HM will make the tea! and feed us.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Mem No 2166, the full story here

william the badger is not the type of person who I would like to help me do anything mechanical, I am scared of him enough as it is. He would probably try and put it in one of his ears or something. or undo all of the bolts with a lemon.

what you need to do is to find someone with a spanner (not like a divining rod thing but with spanners instead of coat hangers but someone who actually has a spanner and not a lemon, infact to be really succesful you need to find someone with an adjustable spanner and a torque wrench and no lemons)

Now then, what is this that I hear that someone wants a hand with lemons? *confused*

And about things in ears, I once had a nut stuck in one once for a while, but that was after testing the engine height on my little car with a stack of cheap loo rolls under it. 😬

And that reminds me of the time when I managed to break an engine mount on the way into the camping at LeMans. We picked the car up and put a tyre under the sump. Undid the offending item, had it welded up by one of the fellas hanging round the pits, had it back on in time for beer and testing the same evening. Not an engine hoist in sight! *cool*

Although the fella's opposite in the dutch 356 owners club were highly amused to see two lads physically pick the front of the car up to 'waists' and pop it down with a tyre underneath!!! *eek*

great Fred Dibner voice>

Tom. If you are needing help I am sure that I can be around. Let me know what the score is. Tel on 07974 452000. *thumbup*

Rgds

Lew.

Oh, do you mean, like in the films, 'take out'. I can perhaps get some lads with baseball bats, but they are baseball players and might not be very effective *confused*

I reckon that either Buda or Mav are much more likely to know that sort of person to help you.

BB

PS I think I remember hearing that Buda took his own engine out a while back. Perhaps he is the man for the job... *eek* *wink*

Edited by - Badger Bill on 10 Nov 2004 11:15:28