Click here if you are having website access problems ×

R500 30K

anthonym

Robbie - how many of the R500s that you have seen for sale on here have you actually seen in the flesh? I've seen 3 of the 5 or so that have been advertised in the past few months in the metal at some time over the past 2 years and Anthony's was (when I last saw it at Hyperion last July) an absolutely stonking motor car - ideal spec and for me a superb colour. I know what he paid for that car and it's obviously more than what he's selling it for.

It's all relative y'see and price shouldn't really be a guide to quality. Incidentally, what spec car do you own and how much did you pay for it? Odds on that you paid over the odds for the car, but I bet you still love it!

It's the hope that price isn't always a guide to quality that keeps the world searching for a bargain.

You could try Howard Dawson's R500 at £4500 less and half the mileage it has a full SLR cage as well and its impossible to find fault with it as it never comes out of the garage.

I can vouch for the fact that this car is spot on, I had a ride in it summer '03. (Hi Anthony!) It's an alarmingly quick machine and assuming it hasn't picked up any battle scars in a few thousand road miles over the last year and a bit, it's in very good nick. We all know that cars that get ragged round a track every other weekend soon start to look a bit dogeared, and this one has not had that sort of usage.

Mike, yes, it's Jules' old car isn't it?

Stewart - Howard's car is nice, but I think the cage may put people off, despite the fact that I don't believe he's tracked it very often.

Paul Stephens took an age to sell Matt Stears' old car - FWIW I think that's 'cos it was fitted with an aeroscreen

Gents I think this is in very poor spirit.

Anthony has advertised his car in good faith and knowing him it will be a super example. If you are not buying the car I am sure we do not require your opinion about its pricing and instead would urge prospective buyers to decide for themselves.

Sorry to be a bore but if the car is overpriced then Anthony will know because it will not sell and so he won't need you experts to tell everyone.