Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Bag/Bench Seating

Big Brother

After a recent "long" trip I found my behind so numb that I was unable to stand up. After a while I managed it, but then couldnt sit down againsmile.gif

My car is a short cockpit live axle with the standard bench type seat. As a result of my recent probs I am thinking of trying to make a bag seat and have read the thread on what not to doteeth.gif

My car is a 79 model and has bare spaceframe behind the bench seat back.

Bearing this in mind does anybody know if it is possible to fit a bag seat on the drivers side (floor), yet still keep the rear of the bench seat.

(I ask this because I have never seen a bag seat in "real life").

If this means I will have sit a couple if inches further forward its not a prob, as i am a little verticaly challenged anyway.

If its not possibe, does anybody have any ideas on introducing a bit of comfort for touring (that wont cost the earth...tillet, leather etc)

TIA

Steve

cool.gifScream...if you want to go faster!!!id=limegreen> cool.gif

If you have the standard Caterham Bench it is very poor with regard to padding and the shape of the "leg roll" and I awlays used to have the numb leg syndrome.

I ahve now had ny seats re-covered and re-styled to a similar design to a Series 3 Lotus 7 but using the standard seat boards. It cost about £150 but is a great improvement.