Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ACES shift light kit

Stuart Wallace

I have just ordered one and I don't know where to put the display. I know it fits on the scuttle but where?, to the left or the right of the steering wheel, if I fit it on the scuttle stright in front of the wheel I won't be able to see it as the wheel rim will hide it. Where is it fitted on the R500? Any pictures around?

Stuart

They are supplied with no bracket and I couldn't get the cover off without resorting to warranty breaching procedures. They are supplied with some 3M super velcro sticky blocks.

Mine used to be on the passengers side of the dash but I got fed up with it being kicked or kneed off.

I have now put mine in the engine bay on top of the pedal box and in front of the brake cylinder.

This makes a very much neater wiring job. So far it is living with the environment. I found that after setting it up I did not need to look at the display. If I want to see maximum revs after a session I can do it when I check the oil

I was concerned that the display might be water prone but on speaking with Julian (?) at ACES he tells me that they tested it by immersing it in a bucket of water ! I have had no problems at all with the unit - very good I think

By the way mention that you are a 7 Club member and you will get a discount (£10.00 ish if I remember)

Roger

Internation Immersion therapy.

2.5 hours of hard rain to the meet. 4.5 holes intermittant rain at the meet. 3 hours of hard rain return journey. Don't you just love the English summer of 2001?

The map book is papier mache but the Aces unit worked fine in spite of the water steam and heat.

But it was nice to see everyone.