Click here if you are having website access problems ×

need a hug again

henry21p

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon on a 21 with car engine and box to be about 650kg dry. Get rid of the nasty ol' lump, box and associated guff and you have lost 150kgs (very approx). Pop a lovely lightweight 'busa number in there and the usual mechanical reverser (as this on you don't want to have to try and puch backwards) and dry sumpage and there you go. 160+ bhp, 600 or so kgs. 266 bhp/ton (ish 😬) Also reckon on about 3kish to do it all, less what you get for you old stuff, if you decide to get rid.

What are you waiting for? *confused*

BB *wink*

Personally I don't think BE21 is a great idea.

call it 650kgs dry with cheesey engine - so with busa with dry sump and reverser, I reckon you are looking at 600kgs. add two average passengers and you're at 800kgs. a full 50l tank, 840kgs. luggage... you're not that far off a tonne which is probably about three times a wet busa (bike).

if it were me, I'd be looking at the Scholar fixed liner thing to stop all the HGFs...

moomin

www.megabird.co.uk

If it were me I'd be lobbing all K-series into a furnace and making tin-foil from them!!!! *wink*

Seriously, there are a lot better car units to be had for your hard-earned cash.....

Fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads.....