Click here if you are having website access problems ×

need a hug again

henry21p

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no joke... the odometer has been stuck on 666 for the last 20,000 miles.

hint there maybe.

i reckon i go vvc from now on.... or maybe a large collection of elastic bands all wound up and connected to the wheels. would be nice and lightweight.

thanks everyone! there goes my christmas spending spree.

Junk the cheese and get a bike engine! 😬 😬 *thumbup*

I'm in the process of getting shot of my company car and buying my own (i.e. I've got a new job!!! YAAAYYY!!! *smile*) and was looking at 4x4's. I really fancied a Freeloader, but for the money I wanted to spend I could only get a cheese-powered one.... Needless to say I'm buying a Subaru!!!!! 😬 *wink*

Fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads.....

what galls me about this whole think is that for the money I have spent this year I could probably have BOUGHT a subaru...

3 new engines - 1.8ss, 1.8 big valve on 285 cams, 1.8 on qed cams, replaced and introduced improved cooling - remote thermostat, warning light for radiator fan. 2 dyno sessions to map engine, 1 rolling road session to verify dyno sessions. engine run in on the dyno

3 engine rebuilds

4 head gaskets

And I have done 2 laps at curborough in the wet - the ONLY time the car has been on a track and due to the weather couldn't push it very hard.

I have used 3 different companies for the engines to try and remove the possibility of poor workmanship - something I am happy to say i can rule out for all 3... 2 different people to remove and re-fit the engine.

Am now very very poor... xmas is looking bleak and am feeling very very down indeed about the whole experience.

Needless to say I'm buying a Subaru

Wise choice not to go Freelander, Coose. We had one for a bit, and apart from breaking down a couple of times it also rattled something chronic. It was bought from new and sold within 18 months...

Mrs GTD

Carbonette - patches that make it easy to say NO to carbon fibre