Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

BC & Shed Birthdays

Hibster.

me's still wondering how me 9 year old's attained shedder status

he must be posting under some nickname unknown to me....

is there a mr pokemon, game boy addict, wannabe caterham racer, digiworld fighter etc etc that posts in the few hours I am away from my pc? 😬

Antonella *smile*

1998 Caterham Classic

my site heremore photos here

• 3 months later...

I always get this wrong - it was the anniversary of Disraeli's death, not his birthday.

Upon the death of the beloved British Prime Minister, Benjamin Disraeli (Lord Beaconsfield), on April nineteenth, 1881, Primrose Day was instituted in his honor, as the English primrose was his favorite flower. Queen Victoria sent bouquets of primroses to his funeral according to a contempory account; The coffin lies on its bier in an alcove leading out of the modest hall of Hughenden Manor. But of its material, one might almost say of its dimensions, nothing can be seen. It is literally one mass of floral beauty. Here are wreaths from every member of the Royal Family in England bouquets of primroses sent by the Queen, with an inscription attached to them, saying that they came from Osborne Hill, and that they are of the sort which Lord Beaconsfield loved. Two years later, a bronze statue of Lord Beaconsfield was erected at Parliament Square, and it became customary to decorate it with primroses every year on the anniversary of his death. Ofttimes at Easter the woodlands of England are seen carpeted with wild primroses.

I think the primrose might have been used as the badge of the Conservative party for a number of years too.

I suppose I should be grateful I wasn't christened Primrose.....

Edited by - Barbarella on 23 Feb 2005 16:08:29