Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T - Camelback Transalp

Tarek

Just over 1 year old. Very good condition. 2L bladder included (will take a 3l bladder - I replaced it with a smaller one after the cat chewed the larger one whilst it was drying- NB the cat has not chewed the Camel back!!). 28L cargo capacity. 2 separate sections. In-built waterproof cover. Currently £100 new. I'd accept offers around £55

Sadly I have more Carbon Fibre on my bike than on the 7!

Edited by - Tarek on 4 Nov 2004 12:01:23

• Leadership Team

John, it's a Camelback. Sometimes refered to as a bladder, but effective for active re-hydration *thumbup* A Platapus is a cheaper alternative but not the real thing and not as good *thumbdown*

Enlightened now 🤔

Stu.

Stu, thanks for that... I have seen them but didn't know what they were callled - its an age related problem that seems to happen to me more and more.

So Tarek, this Camelback, is it resistant to the rot of achohol?

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 222bhp Sausage delivery machine

Sorry, I blinked and missed all the fuss. And there was me thinking a bidding war was going on 😬

It's a rucksac that also carries a plastic bladder in which you can put the libation of your choice. I can't vouch for the alcohol resistance of it though - I'm a clean living ultra fit mega athlete (and a liar to boot!)

Ah, therein lies the rub. Cleanliving mega athletes like Tarek don't stop at the pub because they are too busy cycling. Either that or he would stay all afternoon and get pissed. Of course, he may have now decided to start dropping into the Stag and Cockerel en route and sod the other 50k, in which case I don't blame him. Similar events in Fr are, needless to say, "légèrement arrosé" and a drop of water to get you to the next refreshment stop is generally enough.

The real problem is my inability to tolerate alcohol. I wouldn't want to scratch the carbon fibre by cycling pissed into a ditch. 😬

Anyway, don't be shy, buy the camelback!!

• Leadership Team

We used one going to Le Mans in the 7 *thumbup* It slots nicely between the seats near your shoulders and means that you have liquid available continuously on route. Ideal in hot conditions to prevent dehydration and hence headaches if doing a long trip in convoy, where you may or may not be able to stop as often as you like *thumbup* The fill system is a large diameter screw-top, so a fairly substantial qty of ice can be added to keep things cool 😬

Stu.