Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Oil Catch Tank?

Nifty

Having a 1400 Supersport would I be correct in saying that I don't need an oil catch tank to comply with the L7C sprinting regs?

Sorry if I'm asking stupid questions but don't want to be accepted for sprinting next year only to find my car (or myself) isn't prepared properly.

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬

Correct .

If the breathers from the cam cover ( closed system ) go into the plastic inlet manifold then you dont require a catch tank *thumbup*

If you have a dry sump then the breather from this needs a catch tank , or routing to the cam cover and then onto the manifold

In my opinion , you would be better re routing the breathers from the cam cover into an external oil catch tank , as its not realy helping the engines performance to be breathing in "dirty" gas from the engine - you wnat nice clean air *smile* . Wont help the environment tho ........

C7 TOP *tongue*