Click here if you are having website access problems ×

All those with Bullet Cameras....

JamesTiptree

I am looking around for a half decent bullet camera as a present for someone *confused* *wink*, needs to be able to be fixed at some point to an FIA roll bar and be fairly user friendly.

Can those who are in the know advise me please, I haven't the first clue where to begin looking or what I am looking for.

Thanks

James

• 2 weeks later...

Just catching up after a month or two away from the net...

...I have one of the RF concepts cams (low-light, hi-res sony based version). This works great, as many of you know - but I'm starting to get a little worried.

The instructions do say that you shouldn't mount the cam direct to the car (I use a manfrotto clamp and ball-socket tripod mount) - when you play the footage back, you can see some slight vibration related colour-distortion in the image. I'm not sure if this is because of physical vibration, or because I power my cam through a lighter-socket (and so it is getting a supply overlayed with engine-related electrical noise....)

I dunno guv - perhaps Chris W could suggest an easy way to suppress the noise (an appropriate capacitor between earth and live???), but I'm wondering if one of those silicone-type mounts might be a good idea in the long-term....

Keep BC free and open for ALL. Membership No. 43xx

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com