Click here if you are having website access problems ×

OK Cold Turkey did not work....

Delbert

pegs on your nipples, every time you want a smoke put pegs on your nipples, when the craving goes away take the pegs off (that's where I went wrong, I have peg cravings now and have to have a cigarette untill it goes away, I also have sore nipples).

Now as a man of undoubted sartorial elegance and traditional values I am assuming that you would prescribe traditional wooden " Dolly" pegs .

Am I correct 😬

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

My Dad gave up (first time around!) via hypnosis!! and got a few good night's sleep too!

Someone then gave him a cigar in the pub and he now smokes those little hamlet things - he's having to give them up at the mo and has got down to two a day with nothing but willpower from god knows how many...not sure how we're gonna get rid of the last two!

Even though the hypnosis failed in the end - he used to smoke A LOT of cigarettes and it worked almost straight away (they gave him a tape to listen to at home!) just avoid cigars!!!

Delbert,

yes, started with the traditional 'dolly' pegs, but the cravings got worse and my needs became more extreme, I moved on to the wooden sprung pegs quickly after, but it wasn't enough, soon I was stealing - yes stealing (I'm not proud of it, believe me not at all), stealing plastic sprung pegs, bags of 50 from home and bargain, but not even those could satiate my desire, nay addiction (I can say it now), it finally came to a head when my wife found the keys to her laborartory at work missing and went back to pick them up and found me under a bench covered in crocodile clips wired up to the gas main, she was understanding, she took me home and spanked me and then told me to sit in the cupboard.

I'm a memeber of pegs anonymous now and havn't done pegs for some time, Its difficult but I appear to be getting over it, but hey kids, don't start its dangerous, leave the pegs alone, step AWAY FROM THE PEGS, NOW, JUST SAY NO!

BTW nicorette gum worked a treat for me, I still smoke 20 a day but don't need the gum anymore.

Mrs Buda said eeeeeeuuuuughhhhhh at thought of spanking you, I however will get spanked for making my peg problem public 😬

can I have my peg back now please, I'm getting the urge

I would suggest doing a google search on 'pvc uniforms and nipple clamping' and report back post haste with some links, by the way you can keep this for later, although it may be too hardcore for you, be careful

Delbert

On a serious note (I'm anything but a shedder), if you want to quit smoking I would recommend bearing in mind one piece of knowledge that worked for me:

The physical addiction to nicotine, disregarding the number, tar rating and longevity of your smoking, takes about 5-7 days to get over. I wasn't aware of this and patches simply prolong any addiction. What this means in simple terms is that whatever your smoking history, after about a week your body is physically over it and you only have to do the mental willpower thing. Knowing I had no physical craving really helped me a lot. I quit, cold turkey and five years later can't believe I ever smoked.

If you lot could only stop shedding for 5-7 days you might realise that the rest of us drive Caterhams and live in the real world 😬

shrewdcookie - my Caterham site

But Count, on previous years experience you'll be taking your 7 off the road until Easter anyway so why not start up as puffing billy and get on the Woodbines rightaway *tongue*

Come on have you ever driven your 7 in Decemeber or January ?????

Paul

Supercheese R250

Caterham pictures here 😬

I'm organising a Boxing Day blat around the City actually, I quite like the idea of a sqaure mile with no speed cameras, high walled buildings to echo the noise an no traffic.

How many shedders are up for that, I doubt many as you'll all be hung over, waking up to nicotine-fulled coughing fits and pretending you won't die young. 😬

shrewdcookie - my Caterham site

• 1 year later...