Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.8 De-VVC's VVC Head, Cams and Throttle Bodies

GarethCole

Hi,

I have the following for sale: -

1.8 VVC cylinder head that has been de-vvc'd using the Piper Cams conversion, is fitted with QED Q375HK with hydraulic followers, standard valves and twin Piper vernier cam pulleys.

QED Direct to Head throttle bodies for above including single cable linkage (bottom entry) with injectors fitted, fuel rail that uses Goodrich fittings, trumpets and spacers and a Pipercross filter. Two of the throttle bodies have been tapped to provide a balanced vacuum for the brake servo. The throttle position potentiometer has been changed to one that is plug compatible with the original Rover/Lotus potentiometer.

This setup produced over 185BHP on a standard 1.8 bottom end at 7200RPM and revved to 7800rpm using a DTA E48 ECU, yet still ticked over sweetly at 1100 rpm.

Note: I have not run this setup on a standard ECU, either VVC or NON-VVC, and have no idea whether or not it would work but I suspect that even though it may run it probably won't produce anywhere near the power it would with a programmable ECU.

I also have the DTA ECU with the program for the above setup and with all the correct plug connectors fitted which I would be happy to supply if someone doesn't have a programmable ECU already but I won't sell the ECU seperately unless whoever buys the head and throttle bodies doesn't want it.

Head and Throttle Bodies .... £1700.00

DTA ECU ....................... £450.00

Thanks for reading,

Gareth