Click here if you are having website access problems ×

The tech folk have let me down

owelly

I should have known better. I should have known not to leave the foisty walls of the sheds. I should have realised that the techy place wasn't the place for me. One simple question. I only wanted a simple answer. I asked them if they knew of anyone who had put a v6 Alfa engine into a toy car. I wanted someone to tell me that I simply needed to get a certain model of Alfa and a certain type of geary box and a weekends work would see me with 200bhp and a nice sounding car.

But no. I've had to go out and buy an Alfa. And it will probably be the wrong sort. Well it will serve them all right if it is the wrong one! And if I can't make it fit one of my collection of gearboxes, it will teach them not to be so knucke-headed. There, that'll teach them.

How do I explain the appearance of another car on the drive when miss owelly wants to get her car on the drive?? *confused* *confused* 😬

savin up to be eccentric. but for now, i'll just be stupid...

How do I explain the appearance of another car on the drive when miss owelly wants to get her car on the drive??

I'm sorry I would help but do not understand this concept of explain. Surley its happened ,its a fact ,deal with it is the only response required *cool*

Delbert the Relationship counsellor, (Hmmm. a new carear) seeing as Delbert the English teacher has one obvious floor

😬

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!

If I can get rid of the Discovery, perhaps she won't see the Alfa out of the window....or she will think that the Alfa has always been there but she couldn't see it because of the Landy 😬 *wink*

Totally awsome engine dudes 😬 😬 😬

I hired an amazing thing to get the Alfa home/to TT's house. An A-frane towing thingy. It only cost £15 to hire and trundled the big old Alfa up the M1 at a 'moderate' speed. Highly recommeded.

Should have the engine out in the morning. And fitted by teatime.If only I wasn't going to Venice at 3 o'clock ☹️ ☹️

Typical. I get an Italian car and go to the only place in Italy with no fekn roads *confused* ☹️ *mad* *mad*

Gubboy! I'd offer to repay the 'engine removal assistance' favour, but I have to go to Leeds and drink mucky beer.... Sorry old chap!!!! ☹️

Have a splendid trip and say hellooooo to Luvly Sarah! *smile*

Fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads.....

Trev needs to lose an inch to get the Alfa unit in his Elvis. I suggests he finds an inch. It will fit cos I know.

Tmorrow nights the night. Engine hoist poised. Brush loaded with lard...... 😬

Int that what grinders are for? I'm sure that Alfa unit must be over-engineered somewhat, 'specially as they're deisgned to pull supertrawlers and not speedboats! *wink*

But remember, you can never have too many inches! *eek*

Oooooh, I would love to, but gotta go and see Slippery Sam (the hillclimb nut) near York and deliver cd's and collect videos so I can complete the epic film 'Hills 2004 - a goats tail....'. It's been a long time coming! *eek*

Are you at work this weekend? If you're playing Alfas I may have a chug over..... *smile*